Video Games
...Eh, I might as well. Alot of people play those.

It took me a LONG time to finally do it, but I just started playing the Sam and Max point and click games. Just the first 3 episodes of season one.

I should point out that I've never watched the cartoon or read the original comics beforehand, but I've always known OF them.

The first two episodes were perfect examples of how bad I am at point and click games. I couldn't beat any of them without a guide. Alot of the puzzles have me go "OHHHHHH, of course!" Most of the solutions make me feel like an idiot once I learned how to progress, and that's great.

The BAD parts are the red herrings that send you through a dialogue loop but lead to nowhere, tricking you into thinking it's the right direction so you do nothing be repeat the same mistakes without realizing you're being lead on.

The worst offender is the "Midtown Cowboys" scene in episode 2. It's bullshit. For a half hour I started the scene by putting the shaving cream on the cow, tricking the chicken into thinking the cow is my old uncle (and not Colonel Sanders), and then wondering which response is correct once the cow starts mooing. Turns out I was supposed to put a lampshade on the cow's head and call it a french chef. But nope, the shaving cream bit lead me on and tricked me into thinking I was messing up on one tiny step that prevented my progression. But the shaving cream was a red herring the whole time. So each time I failed I'd be repeating the same red herring over and over because ONE of those possible responses to the cow mooing HAS to be the right answer. Nope!

But episode 3: "The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball", I liked. It's the first episode to make me laugh out loud (the previous ones were only mildly amusing), and none of the puzzles were too cryptic. I WISH it was a sign of me finally being able to wrap my head around the way these kind of games want me to think, but the reality is that it was just much easier and lacked the bullshit that were annoying about the previous two. Hopefully the rest of the series is more like this.

This game certainly won't convert me to the genre, but I'll certainly try to enjoy it for what it is, because just from the surface Sam and Max automatically appealed to me, which is why I never forgot about them, despite taking years to ever bother with it.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Personally I've been loving Dark Souls, still havent finished it since I dont get to play many games of late but damn its fun. I suppose modern games would be good since theyre so easy and simplistic but I miss the older harsher games and Dark Souls has brought me back to that.

Not to mention the art style, no more X BAWKS HEUG pauldrons for me.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 on and off. Game still feels as fun as when it released, and its nice to see Anet releasing content for it. I try not to make a habit of playing games too often, but ey...sometimes its okay to partake.

If I had the money and a WiiU I might consider getting Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. Basically its the 3rd Monster Hunter with more monsters, weapons, and areas. I love practically everything about the game. The difficulty (the game does not make a habit of hand-holding) is in learning how to play the game, and viable strategies for taking down each monster. As you rank up the game only gets harder. And makes you feel like a badass for taking down even the "easier" monsters, which only seem easy cause the ones you face later in the game are far tougher by comparison.

Also I love the art and the designs for some of the monsters and armor. I ended up getting the Monster Hunter Art Book, which is totally worth it, and is chock full of illustrations.

And I've been holding off on getting Dark Souls....I am just waiting for the perfect Steam Sale.
Recently quit playing WoW after playing it for 8 years, lol, was about time!
Now i tend to play TERA Online, the graphics are lovely and the combat is very refreshing after doing the same thing over and over again in WoW. It's a pretty time consuming game so i do try to stay away from it most of the time, as for the non-time consuming games i usually play Blacklight: Retribution, it's a free FPS game on steam. It's lovely because, yes, you can purchase gear and other special items but it stays realistic, you don't HAVE to spend money on it to be good at it! Also play Terraria and Minecraft occasionally, but they bore me rather fast. Finished Mass Effect 3 and loved it, planning on playing it again, and having a go at Assassin's Creed! Hihihihihihiiih

Before I quit games to focus on art - I played stuff like:

Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 (played 1 and 2 about 4 or 5 times over, didn't really need anything else)
Skyrim
Team Fortress 2
Ragnarok Online - quit long ago
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
lovely thread :)

Currently i´m playing, or more exacly i wish i had time to play:

-Europa Universalis III (like a sir)

-Mass effect 3

-Dark souls

I played Darksouls for a week a little while back, don't think I'll pick up games again for awhile though. I'd like to work my way through the metal gear series next I think. Never got the chance to play them.

Just started Ni No Kuni but school is kicking my butt. I have Skyrim too but haven't had time to play it really. MMO-wise I played Tera last.

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

Playing the new Tomb Raider at the moment. And loving it!

Also from time to time I tend to play a little counterstrike source :)
I have soooo many I want to play but the only one I'm managing to get through is Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita, handy on commutes and breaks.

Ni No Kuni and the new Tomb Raider are on my hit-list though!

Resident Evil 4 on PS2. I've found that staying about 10 years behind on my video games is very affordable! Smirk
I was thinking, could be cool to share here our PS3/XBOX/STEAM/whatever id, so we can play online someday.

My ps3 id is: illingested

Been playing Heart of the Swarm, so far i'm impressed with the amount of work that went into the game, and how the story line isn't very predictable - the team that worked on it cleverly used bait and switch to good result, keeping people second guessing about what was about to happen. I beat the normal campaign already but want to head into hard mode. If anybody here enjoys RTS with action RPG elements, and interesting story, I highly recommend Wings of Liberty, and Heart of the Swarm (particularly if you like sci fi, monsters and creature concepts)
I play a ton of Dota 2 on Steam. For those who don't know, League of Legends was inspired by Dota 1, the old Warcraft 3 mod. If anyone wants to try it, I have extra beta keys and I can coach you on it as it is a very large learning curve.

Find me under Zuimao on Steam.
Right now I play mostly Visual Novels (not sure if you can actually call them games though), 'cause VNs mean I don't have to touch the computer XD And I use them for the readmod/tadoku competition: http://readmod.wordpress.com/about/
Current one is "Asaki, Yumemishi".

But before I got RSI I was mostly playing some of the Shin Megami Tensei games (Digital Devil Saga and P3, P4) and Harvest Moon (have been playing that since the SNES version came out. I can't resist those cute cows [Image: harvestmoon_cow_zps933e1ceb.gif]haha).

I was planning on getting Fallout 3, and I really want Ni No Kuni too after my friend showed me! It's so beautiful!!
Some day :').

The other day I finally finished the Dead Money dlc for Fallout New Vegas. I love the game, but I think the DLC was alot more annoying than fun.

Before you play it, you should know ahead of time that you lose all your previous weapons for the duration of the mission (you can only use the stuff you find during it, and some of them are decent, I admit), and for the whole mission you have a bomb collar on your neck that can be activated from certain radio frequencies. Most of the time spent exploring is desperately trying to find and destroy clunky old radios and malfunctioning loudspeakers before they make your collar explode. and especially near the end, some of the speakers are indestructible and require you to hack computers in order to turn them off.

I always try to be a paragon of justice in these games just because I'm a goody two-shoes, but that meant I had to kill Dog (one of the partner characters) at the end because I never forced God to switch personalities to make him easier to deal with.

Ok, I should explain. Dog and God are two personalities to a big super mutant that are constantly at odds with each other. Dog is a dumb follower that can usually be lead on by anyone; while God is intelligent, cynical, calculating, and outright despises the other personality. You first meet him as God, and you have multiple chances throughout the mission that can make you force the other personality to take over, which can be useful for the mission because God can be very stubborn and is a bit of an asshole.

But I never did it, because I didn't want to lower his IQ just to make the mission easier. I told you, I'm a goody two-shoes. It should also be noted that Dog outright refers to the main villain as "Master", while God is trying to rebel. That's not a spoiler or anything. You know this the second you meet him due the circumstances of the mission.

I looked up the character endings afterward and it turns out that letting God stay in control was the right way to go, but I just went about it wrong which lead to Dog being locked up in "the cage" for so long until he couldn't take it anymore and I had to put him out of his misery.

My character specializes in Speech and Bartering, but even then my level wasn't high enough to talk him down. Just needed a level up or two and I could have done it.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Currently Playing Halo 4 & Tomb Raider. Halo 4's story is kinda meh, but the rest of the visuals are amazing. A must play for a sci-fi Buff.

And Tomb Raider, I'm just about done the story, and WOW. This game is everything I wanted from it and More both visually and in terms of story telling. Worth the time to check it out. Highly recommended.

Cool Thread, I played recently the witcher 2 and mass effect 3 in my spare time at the moment. Love dark souls, but it's hard as nails, skyrim was a lot of fun to, last year I was playing pes 2013 mlo on xbox live. I don't play asd much as I used to though as I cut waaay back to focus on working on my art.

Wow, so many Dark Souls players. Awesome game. I played it for about 190+ hours till I decided to try the Online part of the it.
GFWL changed my User Name & screwed up my save file. This happened right after the Artorias boss fight which left me stumped.

Anyway, I recently finished Beyond Good & Evil, Mirrors Edge, Split Second.
Now Playing Deus EX HR & trying to complete JC2.

BTW, which game do you guys recommend me to try & buy first:
Far Cry 3,
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Borderlands 2,
or Bulletstorm ?

I'm planning to get back to Age of Empires now that they updated it :') Kinda always loved that game -also have golden collection at home <3
But play also WoW, Smite, Diablo III ,and used to play Skyrim, Mass Effect, the Witcher, Prototype ,Borderlands 2, Kingdom Hearts<3 and so ooon...

CD dA FM  MaL