Crimson Characters #6 - The Sunken Crew

Alright guys, this week we have Pirates! DEAD ONES!....UNDERWATER!

The idea is to design a member of the crew who died and wanders the ship with his crew as a wight. So undead pirate right? This is where it gets fun, you have to add some kind of under sea element to their design. The environment has effected and disfigured his/her body in a drastic way. Maybe the captain has jagged armor made of coral? Maybe the barrel chested guy they had lift and drop the giant anchor has a family of eels in his chest? Be creative with what and how they've been twisted!

Guidelines:
  • Let the pirates role on the ship influence his or her design just as much as the sea!
  • Disfigure the sodden pirate with a element from the deep, be it plant or wild life.
  • You only need do 1 pirate, feel free to do more if you want!
  • The gender of the pirate is up to you.

Rules:
  • Post at least 1 WIP.
  • Please keep your images to a reasonable size, not to large not to small.
  • 70% of the character must be visible.
  • Backgrounds are optional.
  • Have fun!

Deadline: March 18th.

Side Note: Sickbrush might do a critique livestream on your pieces so bring your A-Game!
Boy its gonna be hard not to try to reference david jones's crew from the pirates of the caribean movies.
(03-12-2013, 02:13 AM)Jeso Wrote: Boy its gonna be hard not to try to reference david jones's crew from the pirates of the caribean movies.

It's gonna be hard not to get sick while looking for references of bloated corpses... :|

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
yaaarrr! >;P
i hope i can do this beside Bloodsports and commissions...i have to!
hi~ cool theme! here is my WIP !

he is just a low level pirate who got dump into ocean by his caption. poor dude become undead and roaming under the sea :) the cross on his hand tells that he is not really a cruel pirate. maybe he just want hug?

i used a daylight lighting because Just for experimental :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Had a couple of hours today so I did this. Nice theme, shame I cant spend longer on it :p

John the Anchorman

[Image: sunken_crew_wip_by_moonskinned-d5xt957.jpg]

[Image: sunken_crew_by_moonskinned-d5xt950.jpg]

dude!!!
John the Anchorman is seriously creepy :D and that lighting is awesome.
[Image: corpse-body-finished21.png?w=479][Image: finished.png?w=479]

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
Lady o' War WIP

Attached Files Image(s)

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

Decided to take a crack at this.

here are my initial sketches and a WIP

cheers guys

Attached Files Image(s)

well i missed the deadline :/

The internet was down for four days hehe (way to go Orange!!!) ...good thing this was not a contract deadline

anywho here it is