Matts Daggerbook
Hey Daggers! I posted in here and a few other forums a while back but regrettably stopped posting. Gonna try and get back into the habit of getting involved in the community again! <3

Anyways, heres a few things i've done in the last couple months!

Attached Files Image(s)

Feel free to contact or follow me in these places aswell!

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
really nice life drawings man, look forward to seeing more! :)

Minwrack: Thanks! More to come sooon! :D

Heres a 2 hour master study I did yesterday. Gotta do more of these for sure.

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Here are two master studies I did yesterday, the enviro is a 1 hour study and the painting of the guy is 2 hours. Below that are two longer life drawings I've finished up this month. More comin soon :D

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Hey daggers! Heres some things I've been working on in the last couple weeks. I also tried out some charcoal pencil. I highly reccomend giving it a try, I learned a ton from it! More soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Here are a few new things, still trying to learn how to do portraits and charcoal!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Here are some sketchbook pages of character designs. I've been trying to make a habit of carrying this tiny sketchbook around with me everywhere. Also here's a quick portrait study I did just now before going off to do some life drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Wow great sketches/studies!

I'm digging the sketchbook pages as well as the all the traditional work you have. You've got a nice mixture of blending and crosshatching for the portraits.

Thanks MonoOrder and Dana :D !!

Here are some more studies and things i`ve done recently, again mostly portraits!

--

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Hey daggers! Here is some recent stuff! Mostly sketches and studies this time. More soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
A lot of great work here! I really like the rough looking adventurer with the owl. I get the feeling it's him and that bird against the world.

Great mood in the last image with the wanderers, too.

Sketchbook

Thank you Tygerson!!! :)

--

Alright, not much for today. Got some sketches, some ear/proko studies and some more 5 min figures. Also got a really great crit from Dan Warren on that forest hunter guy, gonna put that to use and give that design another shot.

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Hey everyoneee, so heres a few theings I did today, besides that character, just posting the last few changes I made before I got the crit on it. I'm going to restart that design.

Other than that its just some more 5 min figures, some costume studies and a 1 hour warmup for now. More soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Oh damn, so much improvement in a short time. This is great. Consider me a frequent viewer if you keep this up!

I usually try and find something to comment on constructively, but you seem to be moving leaps and bounds under your own power :O.
Thanks for the encouraging words Muzz. I'm definitely gonna try and keep up this level of productivity :)

--

So small update for today , here are a few life drawings, some sketches and a couple more figures. I also attempted to kinda apply muscle studies directly to anatomy with the legs, I don't think it was that successful. Anybody have tips on kinda synergizing anatomy and figure studies?

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Really small update today unfortunately :( making progress with redesigning that character tho, baby steps. More soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Kindof a shitty day for drawing today :( Oh well. Today I tried to do some 'corss training' with anatomy again, using a Hampton book , some nude model photos and some anatomy plates. Seemed to work fairly well, need to do alot more to know for sure.

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
hey matt..
thanks for stopping by my sb.

great stuff you have here man.. i like a lot those sketches and life studies..
you're doing a great job.. keep it up...

Hi,
Really love your work. You have some sick rendering skills. Your very first image in your first post reminds me a lot of Sir Daniel Fortesque from the MediEvil games. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

How long have you been at this for?