Matts Daggerbook
Sker2: No problem, your work is solid and ur making lots of progress , it's my pleasure! And Thanks man I'll try!

Damien Levs: Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words! In terms of drawing, I have been doing that my whole life for fun. I discovered digital painting and concept art about two years ago and have been practicing it on and off since then. In terms of serious concentrated practice , just since the start of this sketchbook really. I have a lot of catching up to do haha!

--

So not so much again today, managed to sneak in some anatomy and figure stuff, that's about it. Still trying that anatomy cross-training, more to come!

Attached Files Image(s)

Feel free to contact or follow me in these places aswell!

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Here is todays work!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
I like your designs in that first post man, interesting stuff. Cool to see you redesigning that owl guy too ( I remember you from the stream! :O) Keep posting!

Thanks pnate! Yeah that crit Dan gave me on the owl guy was a real eye opener haha!

--

Aright so not much for today , some Jaime Jones value studies and attempted application and some more figures. Gonna try and keep my hands off the ctrl+z keys on the figures from now on, seems to be a bad habit while doing quick observational stuff. Anways , more soon, promise!

Edit: forgot one image , oops

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Not much today :( got a couple comps done thooo, more soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
So here are a few new things. I'm still working on figures, after watching proko's new video half way through this exercise i decided to make my approach more gestural. That approach seems to be more fitting to the quicking figure exersise. I also did a few more speed paintings in preparation for a weekly speedpainting challenge that we have at a group I'm a part of here: Concept Art and Illustration Group. We also just share art and resources pretty much daily, Anyone is welcome and encouraged to join :D!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Wow! great amount of good work, dude!

Thanks Rognoll! Been slacking a bit lately D: hopefully I'll get back on pace soon.

--

So a couple more lifedrawings today and a traditional skethpage, gotta do more of this stuff! Anyways more stuff to come soon!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Heyyyy, so I got a few things for today! Finally started the final comp for that owl ranger guy, gonna try to organize myself this time and really get a process down this time!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Nice studies you got here :)
The owl ranger looks promising, can't wait to see the end result ;)
Nice to see many masterstudies. Repin and Zorn can teach us a lot! something to keep in mind is the anatomy of the fingers and hand. In your paintings from imagination you often simplify the fingers and they become more like blobs with little forms.

Fingers are complex with many planes, but once you start understanding them a bit better they'll really fall into place. You do a lot of portraits which is really good, but I also think you should do studies of hands. They are the second most expressive part of our body, after the face. So a lot of narration can be done with just the hands alone.

Keep it up!
Aaaaah.... you're killing me, you're absolutely killing me, Matt!!

Everything about your sketchbook is woooooooonnderfuuul! From your studies to your sketches to your finished work - really cool stuff!

You know where it's at, I don't know where I could provide some CC other than suggesting that you keep kicking all dat ass!! You're ripping it up, seriously! - keep going at it and at it and at it and at it! :D !

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
smrrfette: Wow, thank you so much for those words of encouragement! Gonna keep drawing as much as I can!!! :D

HiddenMyst: Thanks for the awesome advice! I tried to tackle some hand studies today, mostly looking at structure from Hampton's book. Going to definitely try and keep up with more hand studies to try and improve :D

SpectreX: Thanks! Gonna keep working on him til he's done!

--

So for todays update I have some figures, hands and a quick black and white sketch. Made a bit of progress on the hunter guy , but nothing substantial.

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Small update. Hit a snag, but still chipping away at the lines for this hunter dude... perspective and anatomy are hard D:

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Nice man, That latest piece looks sweet. Strong pose. Be cool to see what you do with the BG, maybe try and get some FG elements in as well to push the depth? Keep it up :)

JakeB: Thanks man, means a ton coming from you, your sketchbook and progress are really impressive! Good call on the foreground elements aswell, I'll make sure to include that!

--

Here's some stuff I've worked on lately!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
That last demon guy is really cool! Keep up the good work dude.

devin: Thanks man!

--

Couple new things, mostly one-line quick life drawings. Found doing these really helpfulo, I highly reccomend giving it a try!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
great sketchbook dude! loving your pencils, keep working hard! :D

nickmacey: thanks man, I'll tryyy!

--

just a 30 min speedpaint and some more progress on that hunter guy today!

Edit: Gonna add the owl back in soon, though hes probably going to be landing on the hunters gloves as opposed to flying outward this time!

Attached Files Image(s)

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook