The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Oh yeah drawabox is helping a ton, I disagree with some stuff he suggests(I like scratchier lines for sketching myself, helps me feel out an idea), but the basic form studies and linework stuff is extremely useful.

As for art career, i'm not sure really probably a variety of things, I dig the idea of concept art but i'd mainly like if at all possible to make a living on patreon doing the same sorta stuff as Kawacy or plague of gripes and all that. So yeah generally illlustration as you said.

Your figures are coming along really well! I love the variety of inktober characters!

Sketchbook

tygerson:Thanks I had a lot of fun with Inktober!

Variety of shit i've been doing.
Managed to find some memory drawing exercises that seem to be fun for me..the subject matter might've helped though haha. I've been cycling through the drawabox exercises for a while and it got me thinking about doing the same for observation/memory/imagination studies as well, I came up with the idea of picking one thing from this list each day to do, most of these being from a proko list.

https://i.gyazo.com/b3693119e7e5fdbe9b75...a1eba0.png
Though in the case of gesture i'm doing that every day as well since i'm on that schoolism course.

Gotta say I freaking love this silhouette on Callie(middle top row) here, something about it is just really appealing to me and it made it click with me how important silhouettes are.

Attached Files Image(s)

Im liking what youre doing here man! foundations are getting tight... I think your observational skills are lagging behind, specially with the drawing of the cutie up there. You've got the right idea breaking it down into basic shapes, now here's the kicker. What you should try is drawing on TOP of the photo with like bright colors to be able to visualize it in its original context. Then construct it with your own tools next to it, THEN try the memory drawing. The proportions are wrong because you're not accounting for the length and width for each limb individually. then compare it with the photo so you can clearly see the difference. Even like hover the trace over your own and see the diff. The trick is SEEING the difference my man XX

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Ah yeah I should've said about that one. Proko said to only copy it for 5 minutes so I was low on time, i'm honestly not certain if that's a good idea but I do tend to get too into trying to perfect stuff so 5-7 minutes for copying it might be for the best.
Will do what you said though thanks :3.

Been a while since I updated because i'm a lazy fuck who doesn't like scanning stuff.

So I changed over my course from gesture drawing to the Thomas Fluharty drawing fundamentals course, figured I should really try to buckle down and get gud at observational drawing and the fundamentals, the gesture drawing course was teaching me a lot and I do intend to go back to it, but i'm so bad at figure drawing itself that trying to figure out how to properly add gesture was just causing me to have ridiculously broken figures.
I'm trying to draw these accurately with a lot of measuring but also trying to break down the forms as well so as to practice both construction and observational, also trying not to be so anal with the little proportions now and eyeball them, I used to try measuring everything focusing entirely on that and basically ignoring how the image looks in comparison to the object itself.

Attached Files Image(s)

Its good youre doing these still lives, do more of those, spend more time on things and really try to capture the subject my dude. That'll benefit your drawings more than doing lots of drawings that arent as well measured. Like we are the products of our habits and if we make good habits of making great drawings all the time, the smaller drawings end up looking better.. Keep goign!!

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey Trigg!

That female torso and those object study's are the  Bomb  

Always love seeing your updates! :)

°o° that's a lot of work!!! mmm... After you measure what is the width and height of the object try to apply the theory of perspective for example vanishing points, eye level, you want to be a manga artist is a subject really important.

Take a simple object like a ball, placed close to you, away from you, analyze what happens compare the "real" size of the objects, is incredible how small can be the bone and muscles with respect to other objects in the real world.

Yesterday I was comparing a fly with the nail of my little finger lol it is really small but when you look at the drawing of feng Zhu seems very big to the point of placing people on top of them XD everything is relative.

I do not remember where it was that I read, I think in a Harold Speed book that to draw all the senses are needed in this case the touch and sight.

Keep going :3

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
The futuristic cowboy looks awesome!

Great to see the mix of study and imagination.

Sketchbook

Thanks guys I really appreciate the support a lot :D.
Abnormal:I'm having a hard time understanding your comment, sorry but I think I get the general gist, pay attention to the perspective in my observational drawing?, i'm already simplifying them into boxes and shapes so i'll try to find the VP points and the horizon line when possible. the next lesson of the course i'm on is gonna be on perspective too.

Attached Files Image(s)

I`m sorry XD, they are things that I repeat to myself when I draw from life, basically it is to be aware of the perspective and how it affects the object and then I can apply it when I draw from the imagination.

It is good to see that you are practicing more traditional drawing, when I remember algenpfleger and his blind drawings and self-portraits I think they improved his vision faster. But I still can not find a comfortable way to measure proportions :(.

Anyway Keep pushing ^^.

Ah gotcha, I'll try remembering to draw the horizon line(or an estimate of one) before I draw anything, that tends to keep my mind more on perspective.

Measuring proportions is something I used to and still do somewhat struggle with, especially with the traditional ways such as holding your pencil up hurting my arm quite a lot.
I've found the best way to do so though is to estimate it first then do one of those measuring techniques, I feel this is improving my eye much faster then simply measuring with a pencil because it's forcing me to actually pay attention to whats happening and not just what the measurements(Which always have a big chance of being off) are telling me.
Measuring's good but it is not completely reliable no matter how much you do it and our eye can estimate proportions better then we think it can especially on smaller details.
I think training the eye is a much more valuable skill then trying to measure everything completely perfectly.

I love seeing the characters!

Also, the egg study looks like a good idea. I should try that!

Sketchbook

Thanks Tygerson! yeah the egg studies are good, funnily enough the hard part for me is more trying to get the egg the right shape and less about the values lol.

________
Finished this off.
big thanks to Eduardogaray, Hristov, Flatulentmind and Amit for helping me out with it so much over on the discord server.

Attached Files Image(s)

very Kawaii; keep workin on what you're doing and refining every thing you can! Gestures are a good idea btw, hit em hard if you can ;)

The anime scene looks legit! Nice to see some parallel anatomy work.

Sketchbook

O.O That lion looks great ^^, what are your influences in anime?

Abnormal:Influences in terms of drawing you mean?. Not sure tbh, right now i'm just struggling to draw anything well haha. I look up to the works of Cushart Krenz and Kouta Hirano though, but I have a lot of little inspirations here and there.

Tygerson: Thanks!

Fedodika: You and your gestures man :P. here I posted some this time.
_______

I keep forgetting to post shit haha. I'm gonna try to commit to this every Saturday, feel free to call me out on it if I don't :P.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good gestures! now do like 50000 more till your arm falls off :)