Sketches
Incredible landscapes and awesome face studies. One of my fav SB's no doubt! :)

3D/VFX artist, entrepreneur and photographer
Katara's Path to Mastery (SB) | Art Blog
(04-18-2014, 12:39 PM)davidKatara Wrote: Incredible landscapes and awesome face studies. One of my fav SB's no doubt! :)

Thanks, man! Thumbs_up
This studies are really hard and time consuming, but hopefully they'll help me. I'm aiming for hair mainly.

Original images:
http://fav.me/d1oy8v9
http://fav.me/d47w531

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
I went to menu > filters > weirdness (100%) Stupid

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
3/4 view female portraits. One with the 'why not' palette.

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
Very good! Are those last from imagination? And if I may suggst one thing - look more at the curve of lips - the are not flat line but rather a delicate C curve aligned with the lines of skull. Something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0ESFupRKzmA/Ts...ogarth.jpg

(04-23-2014, 05:48 PM)denikina Wrote: Very good! Are those last from imagination? And if I may suggst one thing - look more at the curve of lips - the are not flat line but rather a delicate C curve aligned with the lines of skull. Something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0ESFupRKzmA/Ts...ogarth.jpg

hey, yep those are from imagination but that's precisely what I'm lacking of lately :P.
Thanks for the tips! it's kinda tricky, specially if you want to emphazise the facial expression. According to the scheme, the perspective is the primordial element, isn't?

Thanks for comment! see you!

combating the stiffness with weirdness

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

saturation

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
medievalishish

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
Nice job on those last environments. I can see some progress compared to earlier stuff. Keep focusing on the values though. That pinkish desert one looses a lot of depth because of the values. If you make the distant mountains lighter and less contrasting I think it will benefit the image a lot. The forest one is nice though, you handled the noise of the forest well :)

Keep p the good work :)

(06-08-2014, 09:27 AM)Jaik Wrote: Nice job on those last environments. I can see some progress compared to earlier stuff. Keep focusing on the values though. That pinkish desert one looses a lot of depth because of the values. If you make the distant mountains lighter and less contrasting I think it will benefit the image a lot. The forest one is nice though, you handled the noise of the forest well :)

Keep p the good work :)

Hi Jaik! thank you for stopping by and dedicate those kind words. Also is very cool that you like to do landscapes too (your last ones are going sweet).
Indeed I did that mountains wrongly dark... I'm kinda obsessed with landscapes. I'm trying to do believable places... maybe if(unbelievable > believable) { credible = true}... lol I'm screwed and I know it

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
I gathered several sketches into one image

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
Oh, sweet style on those last characters! Love it, very 90's video game sort of feel to them.

Looking good man, keep it up :)

(06-30-2014, 07:07 AM)Jaik Wrote: Oh, sweet style on those last characters! Love it, very 90's video game sort of feel to them.

Looking good man, keep it up :)

Hey Jaik. Thanks! I was experimenting a bit and trying to do something 'comicish' =)
See you around !

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA