Neimeister's Sketchbook
amazing sketchbook so far dude, your studies look spot on. Interesting idea with the higher key values, I might try that one myself :p

Also, if you don't mind me asking where are you getting your anatomy refs from? They seem pretty sweet.

very nice still life.. it has a nice feeling to it
Warburton- Thanks man, I appreciate it! The high-key values are a lot of fun to play with, definitely recommended. :)
For pose reference, I'd recommend pixelovely, figuresfordrawing tumblr, and dynamic poses on pinterest. Collectively they've got a ton of good reference material! Also characterdesigns.com has a bunch of free photo sets you can download.

Obsidian - Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun, definitely gonna try to do them more frequently. :)

Soooo, it's been over a week since my last post. I've been absent pretty much cause of comicon, it's been all day every day craziness and a ton of fun- got to meet a lot of great artists in person and saw a lot of cool things and great art!
Here are a couple characters I did as live demos at the TAD booth, they were a lot of fun and I think I actually learned a lot about character design from them. Gonna have to make things like this a more frequent practice. But for now, it's back to work and studies! I'm all pumped up on comicon excitement to make the coming months the best they can be art-wise. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

The results of today's livestream, a little over two hours. I just watched The Village last night and promptly wanted to paint red capes in creepy woods, and I also wanted to get back in to using Painter after a long hiatus. Hence, this image. =P

Not the greatest painting ever, but I definitely learned some cool things from it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Love your work :)
Sweet stuff, keep it coming! I really like the way you do studies, and I don't mind that clean style at all. The last one has very strong mood :)

Inspiring sketchbook to say the leased. Very cool work.
Nice sketchbook! keep up the good work!

Liking these latest paintings, man. That mage chick and demon look really familiar for some reason. . . some MTG and Diablo 3? :0

Can't wait to see with what you come up with in these following months. :D

Whoa, super cool sketchbook!

I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon it before ;_;
Your studies are fantastic, I feel I've learned loads just by scrolling through - especially your studies on form and its rotation in space with that dude.

Looking forward to updates, those sketches up there ^ = amazeballs!!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Everything is just through-the-wall-backflipping-on-fire awesome!

You've already got good technical and artistic skill developed withing you
all I can say is experiment with random stuff, for example pick 5 random brushes and paint a character with them etc... The possibilities are endless.