Madzia's sketchbook
Continuing guns:
[Image: tumblr_mqaowuJko11rw215do1_1280.png]

I'm absolutely disaccustom to any lineart. Pencil sketches have this unpleasant tendency that they look awesome until you fill it xD I feel I have no control over structure, but it gives a lot space for absurdly details and that's what I wanted to achieve. in progress:

Yay more stuff! Great to see.

With the sketching thing. I totally get your gripe with it. I find it helps if i make my sketch layer a lot less visible, so that i'm not judging if it looks good with the sketch layer below it. The line art has to look great without the sketch as a value support. if that makes sense?

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Bunch of lovely stuff going on in here! Your fashion stuff looks great :D
And for being your first (liar!) serious attempt at sci-fi, I'm pretty impressed!

I always have that problem with the sketching. I found that it's easier if you don't just fill in the original sketch, but create something new from it. I think the problem comes from that the initial sketch is being very loose and dynamic, then the lines become stiff, because it's basically a "copy".

Otherwise I usually do what Muzz is talking about! The overlapping has to read instead of the value.

I could be polishing him through next few weeks but i have to fucuse more on designing aspects than on rendering pshew pshew I fell my designs are still to timid
[Image: tumblr_mqlwoau4so1rw215do1_r1_1280.jpg]

That sci-fi dude came out great! To be honest I really think that you do awesome designs. I suppose that this one looks a tiny bit fantasy though if that helps. If it's armors and such you want to get better at, the obvious is looking at existing ones. But the less obvious is checking out natural armor from animals. Just patterns from nature etc!
Dropping it into my inspirational folder anyways :P

that face render turned out so goooood

i know that the focus is on design. but giving it a little more value contrast wouldnt hurt. ;)

awesome stuff in here

@Bjulvar - thank you! probably you're right a little too fantasy looking, I later got idea to look at motorcyclists suits they have some nice sci fi elements.

@Aragah - thanks! yeah face come out nice i just was thinking "chin more cool, forehead more yellow and middle more pink" and it works :)

haha and now just to show off xD I've printed out my works in book format. It looks super sweeet! cure for my low confidence! It need to have at least 28 pages so I had to fill it with few old pictures I didn't liked much. But printed on paper looks amazingly good :)

[Image: tumblr_mqv0jtF4XT1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

O man thats so frickin cool. They look fantastic!

Awesome looking portfolio, looks like an artbook!

Also, after seeing that sci fi dude you did, i wanted to tell you that if havent done it yet, you totally should take a look at the designs of Metal gear solid by Yoji Shinkawa. (Especially the ones from MGS4: Guns of the patriots) if you are going for that militaresque style of sci fi.

Beautiful stuff. Your pallets always get me.

Thanks everyone for commenting!

My hand start to hurts so I'm taking a break and post some progress.
I'm going this time for medieval/stylized buildings.

few sketches to visualize whole idea.

simple model made in Blender and rendered using Cycles.

Detailed sketch.

value test

Colors with small progress

Using blender for making scene/light reference is something new for me. Blender is easy to use and if you have any basic knowledge of light in real life you can easily achieve good results in rendering output. I don't spend much time on it anyway, just using is as a guide.

Neat sketchbook. Great work with your cartoony style. That scifi guy has a very interesting design, not your usual full body armour deal that we see everywhere, so keep that up!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Oh man I love the work you've got here, your stuff is a lot of fun to look at! I think your designs are really interesting and well researched. Can't wait to see more, thanks for sharing!

awesome works madzia :) the book is looking kick-ass and the colors are great
Thanks for all the nice words!
Phew! what a month, so many crazy/lucky/extremely happy things happened to me. I'm changing my job, I'm moving to Germany in October, I was on Gamescom and meet so many great ppl there!
I don't have enough time for personal stuff. I had started learning German language and I really want to learn it fast _^_

I went through some more color studies before picking one. The violet was to dramatic and I decided go for green because I always avoid working with greens (just don't like this color much)

Woah those colour studies are really beautiful, really liking a lot of the work being posted in this sketchboo, please keep posting :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
wow great stuff in here ;O

Whoa, I love you work! Keep on rockin' ;)

Wow that's one sexy looking portfolio!!
Really awesome sketchbook Madzia. It's as if you're teasing us by sharing these gold nuggets. :3

Keep up the super work! :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Eeep! Amazing sketchbook. Those medieval house color practice sketches are awesome. I love the purple one, but I actually like the green one even more.

Plus, the printed out portfolio looks great, you could probably sell that. :)