Ramblings, delusions & sketches
Hey guys!

I came here because I want to improve my art and I'm looking for critic yada yada yada...
You can probably guess.
No really, since I've learnt almost everything on my own, I greatly appreciate every kind of feedback. Even if it's just 'Your sketchbooks smells funny somehow...'.

So here are my sketches. First the ones that are a little older:

Aaand from this week:

Today's digital painting reminded me of my difficulties with color. Somehow, I can't put color and values together...Time to read Color & Light again~

Attached Files Image(s)

This started as a spontaneous thing, but I quickly backed myself into a corner. I don't like planning and thinking ahead, but that turned into a problem this time. A few days ago there was a post on CTRL+Paint about this, which made me noticed that with myself. A lot of this applies to me, and it reminds me that I should get the oilpaint out again. Still, I don't really understand what is so bad about speedpaintings though...

Attached Files Image(s)

that sketch you did of the naked fellow looks great! did you do that from life? also i love the textures you achieved with that blue watercolor looking piece!
@Fedodika: That last one you mean? That was from a sketch by Raffael. The other ones were from Hogarth and some also from imagination. And the watercolor one is actually mostly digital. Thanks for the kind words!

And today's sillyness:

Attached Files Image(s)

Was pissed the whole day and got nothing done. Meh.
(Was the mug this wobbly yesterday too? Didn't notice at all...)

Attached Files Image(s)

Was just doodling mostly today. Not really worth showing yet. I thought about joining in on the summer pitch. There has been something on my mind for a while, that I never took the time to focus on or think completely through. Not sure if I can pull it of though. I looked through some old sketchbooks and I'm wondering if I've not gotten worse somehow.

Anyway, this I did earlier today. I tried 'mixing' the colors in photoshop instead of using the swatches or color wheel, like I normally would. It seems a liiittle easier to me, which is odd, since I'm not good at that mixing real, physical paint.

Attached Files Image(s)

I can see some really great creativity here, just keep on drawing :)

@will123will: Thank you so much, that's very kind of you to say!

Sooo, my vacation is over. I was really itching to draw when I came back home.
I know I should do more studies, but I couldn't bring myself to do some today. I did this color sketch instead and started turning a page from my sketchbook digital. Lately I think I should spend more time on my paintings and focus on making them better instead of just finishing them.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm so tired. I feel my days are full, but I get so little done. Wish I could be faster.

Yesterdays Wip still isn't finished. Last details follow tomorrow. Also that selfportrait feels like a step forward to me. Can't really describe why.

And that quick character sketch isn't finished either. I'm just way too sleepy right now.

Attached Files Image(s)

You have some cool concepts, I like it. Keep practicing the fundamentals and one day you will pierce the heavens!

@crackedskull: Haha, yeah. And I'll also wear the shades >:D

Quick post before work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tired. Why does applying for jobs eat so much of my drawing time?

Some stuff from the weekend while I visited my parents:

And from today:

Last one is something I originally wanted to turn into a complete piece, but I didn't really like my composition up until now, so I'll leave this one for later. For now I just practiced color and layer modes a bit with it.

I gots myself a new job~!
So yeah, a lot of moving and getting used to new stuff. I can't wait~

I hope I can still sneak practice in every day. It'll be my first major move on my own though, so maybe I should just get it over with.

Aaanyway, last weeks stuff plus todays crappy digital i-dont-even-know-what.

Attached Files Image(s)

Long day. I wish someone else would do the moving for mel D:

I don't quite grasp the way people can be placed in landscape scenes yet. I even saw how Scott Robertson did that in his tutorial, but I can't really do it myself. Maybe a basic perspektive study tomorrow is a good idea.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reviewed the chapter about placing people in perspective. I think I get it now. Still, I don't feel like I'm really progressing in learning perspective, so one of the first things my next paycheck is gonna pay for is that Scott Robertson Dvd. Everyone says it's great and I've been meaning to get it eventually.

Movings coming along well for now, so I did extra gestures today too.

Attached Files Image(s)

1 hour study. I'll follow the advice I was given and work on a longer study for an hour each day for five days and do short stuff on the 2 remaining ones. This is the first part of a longer one.
5 hours seemed a bit short at first, but I actuall got more done in 60 minutes than I'd thought. Maybe I got faster. :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent progress in here! Keep up the studies!

@Sublimus: Thank you! I will!

Update~ Refining this is really difficult

Attached Files Image(s)

Normally, I would have abandoned this ages ago, but this time I'm gonna push through. This one will be finished. Dx<

Attached Files Image(s)