Four Witches - An Illustrated Novel
Trying to get a cohesive clothes style going! Alexander McQueen and the Bioshock Infinite art book are massive inspirations. 12 and 17 are my personal favourites, but please let me know which ones you guys prefer!

[Image: 2013_09_23_silhouettes_by_annahollinrake-d6nogv1.jpg]

hollinrake.art @ gmail.com
Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
This is an awesome thread. Truly. Some really cool illustrations and the story is fantastic. It has real potential both moving forward in time (through the telling of your story) and backwards, through the history you are imbuing into it as you go. Subbed on this one, and on your deviantART too!

I agree with you and like 12 too, but I also like the high contrast nature of 21, maybe add a white collar/accents to 12 and see how it looks? My two cents anyway :)

Thanks Jaik, that really means a lot :) I really want to fill this world with lore and all sorts of assorted weirdness, and even if it ends up not being about four witches and about six witches or just one I'm really excited about the general world concept.

I think I'm gonna take the a few from the bottom two rows and experiment with the contrast and shapes a bit more so I can get some repetition going on. Thanks again!

Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
https://www.google.ca/search?q=diablo%20...g#imgdii=_

endless inspiration

i would say that 1 to 4 look like model. THe number 5(unorignal) .6 to 11 look like female dualist 12 to 21 look nearly sorceress try to had a props like a book a hat or a magic wand a potion can really make a difference in the choosing process

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I kinda like the female dualist thing quite a bit so here's a few expanded ideas! Thanks darktiste.

[Image: 2013_09_26_silhouettes_by_annahollinrake-d6o161f.jpg]

Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
Back at uni and I'm really enjoying getting into the swing of things. I've got approval from a couple of the tutors so it looks like it should be going ahead for my FMP.

I got to use the new Cintiq 24Ds today and started painting this - it's still very much a WIP but I feel like it's a bit wonky. Some feedback would be really helpful.

[Image: 2013_10_01_cara_by_annahollinrake-d6ot8a8.jpg]

Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
Hiya! Looks wicked! Two things that pop out to me are the angle of her left arm and the shoulders, it looks a bit like she's shrugging. Hope this helps!
I'd include a more direct light source, but I don't think she's abnormal in any way, apart from the prosthetic limbs. Have a look at these character design paintings:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...stiny9.jpg

Might be of some inspiration, your painting is really too young to tell how it should turn out. You'd make more or less the same choices we would, as you develop it. Maybe some cloth phototextures?
I really like your design style and illustrations, looking forward to more of your work.

about the piece where you requested feedback: The left arm is off, with the positioning of the top of her arm the hand should be at her hip, or if you want to keep the hand at the waist you need to bring the top part of the arm further out (arms are a pain... S:). Pushing the right leg out a little more might also give the piece more energy.

PD: in your design post I like most 4 and 19
Who disappeared off the map? This guy!

Oh well, final major project is about to start and I'm super pumped. I did some photoshoots for illustration ref and concepting and aw hell here we go -

[Image: apotheosis___entrance_concept_by_annahol...6x4kd8.jpg]

[Image: 2013_12_19_by_annahollinrake-d6yjlmz.jpg]

[Image: help2013_12_08_by_annahollinrake-d6x7lja.jpg]

[Image: 02_by_annahollinrake-d6z3vm5.jpg]

[Image: 03_by_annahollinrake-d6z3vlq.jpg]

[Image: contactsheet_001_by_annahollinrake-d6z3vla.jpg]

[Image: contactsheet_002_by_annahollinrake-d6z3vc1.jpg]

[Image: contactsheet_003_by_annahollinrake-d6z3v8l.jpg]

Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook