Fedodika the Koala
Boolean modifier can cause a lot of problems sometimes. I'm not sure what you mean by "fimly stuff" but it sounds like you forgot to remove the old mesh after the boolean operation and the glitched visuals are cause by you having two of the same mesh at the same place. After a boolean click on the mesh again to select the one under that's made as a back up, delete it and then move your viewport to see inside of the mesh just to make sure the boolean didn't mess up somewhere and create geometry inside of the mesh that you are sculpting. Post a picture of the wire frame I wanna see what's going on with it
Nice sculpting Fedodika :). Keep it going dude :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Artloada: thanks homie

Coinhero: alright, i figured out the problem. So when do a boolean layer it moves everything from one layer to another and leaves a duplicate. I've deleted most the duplicates now and im down to two layers. Now i have a new set of problems: The symmetry is off, because somehow the main mesh was moved a tad over i imagine... there's gotta be some switch i can click to re-center it, but idk where or what it is.

Also, im curious if theres a way to... say you have a new layer... how do you seemlessly go from layer to layer besides going to layout and clicking the layer. I cant click in the sculpt room and it activate on it, it just outlines it in orange. I have to keep going to layout to change layers, whereas when i watch sculpts of others, no one else seems to do that, they just weave between layers effortlessly. 

But uuh, more work on the back, sculpted up the arms, the deltoids got off on the symmetry so theyre kinda mushy. Arms are fun but tricky, specially where the bicep connects to the forearm. I'm doing other little studies on the side, which takes up most the day but i dont feel like posting them because theyre not interesting; its mostly preparing to do caricature in the coming days and getting my shape language and visual library more refined.

Attached Files Image(s)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
symmetry is based on the origin point so when you boolean stuff it get's messed up, used the mirror modifier when building the base mesh with simple shapes in the beginning to avoid problems like that. You can try writing in the search menu (space by default or F3) "Set origin" and select origin to mesh or applying rotation and location (Ctrl+A) but it's probably not going to fix things tbh :D Snap origin to 3D cursor will move the mesh right in the middle of the viewport unless you moved the 3D cursor for some reason then you have to center it first.
Just don't fuck around with the model in edit mode and don't boolean stuff to it until the sculpting part is done and build the base mesh with mirror so that when you boolean everything together the symmetry makes sense. Also I'm not sure what you mean by "layers" that's not really a thing outside of grouping meshes in a folder so you can turn them off and on in the render or making backups. Symmetry in 3D is fucking dumb and non intuitive and that's why I don't use it if I don't plan on rigging my models, sculpting something in pose is more fun, T/A pose is just for making game/animation assets.

edit: About the layer thing I think what you want is to make different objects the active one in sculpt mode but I'm not sure how because my workflow wouldn't really use that ever. You can look up the keybind for viewport and sculpt mode so when you are in the sculpting layout you can press a key to switch to layout select the new object and then just hit the sculpt mode hotkey. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...=emb_title this maybe?
Coinhero: hey thanks man... Im figuring this stuff out at a snails pace but im probably just gonna get yansculpts gumroad to expedite this process since i learn very quickly through emulation, and seeing the whole process with no interruptions will be extremely useful for me.

The past couple days have been interesting... dont really want to get into it, its more embarrassing personal life stuff i dont wanna put out in public. Aside from that, drawing stuff i genuinely enjoy and also trying to workout how to draw this robot. Ive tried sculpting in 3dcoat before, but i noticed i had not really planned how all the parts fit together, and how their designs work.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OyZlnK

When i initially painted this, i felt it was actually really tight up at the top but i now notice a lot of those plates are not that interesting of designs; its just like a... rectangle, doesnt add anything to a silhouette. Also the feet arent great, i did a lot of implying things, and though a lot of my friends IRL really liked it; it wasnt really doing it for me personally as time went on. 

3d has made me like really think about what im doing... If i wanna make a robot foot, you know, i cant just scribble it in; it needs joints and a (lighter... kidding!) mechanism for it to hinge on. You know... how to figure out how all these hinges and cuts in the mech would look. Also wanna build my other concepts in 3d so i can light and pose them quickly and accurately. im creeping up on getting the utility from this so, stay tuned; i got a lotta long ass days ahead slamming my head on the desk trying to get this stuff down

Attached Files Image(s)

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Since leap years dont come around that often, i figured id make a post about some of the 3dcoat stuff ive been fooling with; I think Yansculpts has a healthy approach to learning 3d programs. Just do an hour a day, get all the headaches and fumbling with the technical hurdles out and dont get attatched to one piece. Ive been doing this most the month and its really help reduce the stress of having to just figure it all out at once. 

With 3dcoat, its more a free for all, i  dont have to adhere to any set rules, just gotta make it look mechanical. The tools are well catered to that with sharp cuts and easy to navigate symmetry and easy to import models and parts. Ive bought a couple sets of premade mech parts to add some flavor to the process and they do make things easier and more enjoyable. Long Pham, who i think used to come here has some free shit available which is good to have if you like mechanical design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62A7XGN3Dig

Ive been building like a part or 2 a day, many of them are sloppy or have some issues with the mesh getting kinda blobby or low res because im still figuring out how these brushes work. 

I have big goals for this, i wanna make a full on front mission 4 kinda mech, pose it and light it and texture, and do a character in blender with clothes and textures, and pose and light; i think thatd be a kickass goal. Most things i dont find too interesting to post because its just quick studies or failz and bailz. So i'll update again when i get a big breakthrough, maybe a fully assembled sculpt of a mech at least

Attached Files Image(s)

Really cool concepts for the mech, both in 2D as well as 3D. Glad to see you having fun with the 3D program as well, looks like you can handle it fairly well based on your most recent post. I wish I could offer more critiques in that regard but I have no clue how to 3D :D I'm planning on experimenting with it soon, so I'll follow this thread closely for any tips you might provide. Keep it going!

CG: Dont get your hopes up for 3d stuff too soon... Ive found most of it is just needing a style to interpret into 3d, so ive tooken back to drawing to gain it, and im having loads of fun! thanks for the comment though.

But yea, i think 3d can help a lot with generating scenes, like buildings and mechs and stuff, maybe hardsurface design ideas. For character work, its incredibly time consuming and difficult to get a good gesture, which is everything in character design. For you i wouldnt reccomend using 3d programs like daz3d studio because your work already has a lot of problems with gesture and i think it'd really increase that problem if you used it; Danny gave you some sage advice, so id look into that!

The past month ive been working from masters of anatomy and making so many new insights and progress! i've been following an alex negrea, copy, draw, apply kind of approach and its really payed off in how i execute shapes, lines, gesture, story, etc. I want to keep pushing the expressiveness of my drawings, i want them to feel super exciting and stylized when people look at them. 

But yes, mainly its been large volumes of copying and building visual library along with a daily application; and once i get a good handle on this stuff, id love to translate it into a fun 3d style. this month i'll be going through the master of anatomy animal book, which has some cool disney like character designs which id love to work into my repertoire. I'll probably update next month once i have some cool things to show from the adventures; and maybe towards the end of the year, after amassing this skillset, i'll try to sculpt a few things.

An artist i want to draw like is TBchoi, you can find her on artstation; its really expressive and fun, simple too. And she works with mostly just line and flat tone. something about that is just really appealing to me at the moment, so im going with that feeling. stay excited!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Fedodika, I can feel your excitement in this last post as you've gone back to 2D stuff to build on your visual library. I respect you for tackling both 2D and 3D, it can be time-consuming but I believe it will make you a stronger artist in the long run.

I think it's good to have a few role models so you can point at someone's work and say that you want to be headed in that direction. I had a look at TB Choi's work and I can already see you are headed in that direction.

One thing though - it's cool to stylize but be careful of your proportions at the same time - the girl in the jester costume - I feel that either her arms are a little on the short side or her bottom half is too long for her top half - just something to look out for mate.

Keep it going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Really cool update, Fed. As Artloader said - you can feel your excitement in your latest post. Going to an almost non-render style is actually quite liberating in a sense. Idk if you feel the same way, but when I made the change I felt as if this weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I was suddenly free to just focus on drawing itself.

TBchoi is a great artist to look up to as she shares her process quite a lot. I believe she also streams fairly regularly.

Looking forward to seeing more and where your new directions takes you!
Holy moly 114 pages and still going strong :o Nice Fedodika!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Oh I've seen some TBChoi stuff, very inspiring, you may want to check hicham habchi for stylization too? You may already be doing so, I really like the guy.

From your latest Harley right hand (left side) might be bending too much (depends on personal flexibility ha). I personally like the one with the circle ornament? Chakram of sorts? The design.
So how come you are now pursuing more style driven drawings? Did something spark your interest?
Artloader, Thanks my dude, yea 3d's gonna be on hold for a while, but things are going very well!

Chubbycat: thanks!!! I'm digging tbchoi a lot, also watching Matessi's online vids, pretty cool stuff!! 

Jones: WASSUUUP you hairy canadian ;)) we'll touch hands at the abyss one of these winter coated days; hope youre gettin more work than you know what to do with bro!

Roto: Thanks for the writeups! Id been copying masters of anatomy so much, and seeing how much character raul moreno, the aritst, gets into just linework had me reconsidering everything. also his drawing animals book got me really inspired how simply he did the shaded rendering, and how powerful the designs were. If you can get your hands on those books, which is tough because theyre mostly sold out, definitely changed my life!

The circle ornament is Tira from Soul calibur ;) And as you can see from the stuff i'll post today, all that fancy rendering wasnt doing me any good! I'd rather let the work speak for itself tbh.

So, Fedo's fuckin made it, took about 7 years, but he made it... commissions are rollin in, lifes good; but the journey never ends! Here are some more soul calibur pieces and some improvement memes; hope you enjoy seeing how ghoulish and strange my stuff used to look compared to now lol. I'll also be sharing these memes on DA

If i could simplify the best one liner i could itd be, "Find an artist whose good at lines and copy the living shit out of them"

Attached Files Image(s)

Well you keep going man! I can see the girls faces most have improved, the man with the tie and suit, I think it worked before also, as a cartoony approach maybe (in proportions talk) but now while proportions are better the rendering and edges don't work as well (feels a bit doll-like with make up and big eyes?) and bottom one, girl with spiky bands, before might have been less "appealing" for woman looks but she reads like a unique individual and also more realistic european sort of vibe while now is more generic, standard eastern looks, both work for me.
Of course you are the one driving, you gotta decide where you are heading and if you aren't getting there, like we all do. Making things more abstract and simpler does give you a measure of appeal, but it ain't just enough (I'm learning that quite the hard way myself). I like that you are pushing yourself and striving towards something, so really keep going man! Onward! What are you pursuing to improve at next?
Pretty nice to see these before / afters, it's like they all finally fell in place.
Really enjoy your most recent figure work, you chose some very dynamic poses there! They pop! Huge improvement with the most recent before/after set, everything just looks much more professional now. Great job!

Long time dude, happy that the commissions are rolling in for you

Thought I'd drop my 2centabos
Made some notes pre paint over then tried to illustrate what  meant,
its quite allot of elements to compose so it could be explored much more
overall i would say throughout some of your pieces there is a very piece by piece look
and a lack of shape variety, gesture and force intent.
the tentative overlaps are a huge theme on this forum in general
they read as not being confident, as does the tentativeness in defining shapes as whole forms and broken up in to visual shapes by rendering.
the soul caliber stuff i looking cool, but i think you could gain from putting time into planning the all over read of elements
youve got for example, things point all over in this piece, which makes it a bit of a mess to track your eyes around
in a pleasing way.
theres lots of evenness in spacing, shape size and detail which comes off as monotonous due to the lack of contrast

[Image: po_fed_by_andrew_gibbons_de1wiw5-fullvie...LC5igszI2U]

now I saw you like TB Chois work. so i wanted to try show some things that may help
Ive tried to show here the visual shape read of some of her work. lots of variety and pointy bits that guide the eye through the piece.
compared to yours, there is a lot of circularness in your shapes and of similar size and distribution
she also seems to use lineweight to her advantage, from what i saw she goes a bit harder for hard materials compared to say, cloth. and can kinda see the rationale for that.

hope it helps. keep at it bro
[Image: fed3_by_andrew_gibbons_de1wiwc-fullview....LZT2acK7to]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Is always cool to see your updates, Fedodika!

Shame that you discovered Blender and sculpting, as now you are going to leave us for the 3D. I can even see it:

"So long losers, I have transcended. Tell Bridgman that I said hi."