Rosolino Sketchbook
Hey Rosolino, thanks for commenting in my sketchbook :)

Awesome improvement man! Really looking forward to seeing that finished orc image. So you're studying a lot which is frickin great, and from looking through your studies you've done a ton of gestures, which is great! So from practice that orc's pose will more than likely look great.

However, while you're doing a ton of studies for the orc, I haven't seen any bird studies for the eagle he's riding, or any saddles studies. It's weird to think about studying a saddle but the truth is do you really know what a saddle looks like off the top of your head? Same with an eagle. You might know the basic shapes but you won't know all of the small details that will help add that bit of realism and design to the image.

Another thing to consider studying is drapery for the orc's hood. Right now it's very pointy and not form fitting like cloth should be. Also the ear is just poking out, take the time to study some cloaks and come up with an interesting design for the hood to ALLOW the ear to come out the side instead of just having it poke out like that.

Take the time to consider every aspect of the image man, but either way it's turning out great so far, keep up the good work :) AND POST MORE!

@Forrest: Oh maan, you have no idea how your comment really helped me out. Some times we get stuck in a few things and we cant see how easy is the solution. Yours advice came in the right time :) Really thank you!! And thanks again for the time that you spent to write all these observations in my sketchbook <3

So, until now i just made some studies of hoods, trying to understand these things better, the fabric, the shapes, the weight, the movement...It is so cool how their work!!
I probably gonna do some more

Wow I did others things today, not so much to show...
Tomorrow i will focus on birds, maybe some eagles :)

Welcome to the hood.

After doing a lot of hoods, here is what I have done so far.
And tomorrow birds & eagles, i swear <3

link of today: http://www.theartorder.com/blog/the_monster_in_my_head

Oh man! Your paintings are amazing, the fabric studys paid off! I cant wait to see the finished orc/eagle illustration :D

Awesome stuff I really liked the eagle you had done, can't wait to see that illustration finished. Great anatomy sketches also, keep up the hard work :).

no time to writeeee, it's my birthday <3
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/machine.gif

passed almost 4 days "living" :)

I did this portrait a few days ago for a lovely girl that i met :)))
She also sent to me this link, from Bobby Chiu
https://www.facebook.com/notes/bobby-chi...9749029758

Aaaand its so cool to see how things works when we prepare to do something that we couldn't do before. Feeling super excited to finish this one o/

Hey man! That lovely girl you met, is she Elizabeth from Bioshock infinite? ;) Looks a bit like her heh.

Nice to see the griffin rider orc finished (it is finished right? Sure looks like it!) I do love me some low/no horizon line compositions like that, and the colors are gourgeous too, like the subtle reflected blue light in the shade of his torso.
Do you use blending modes such as color dodge to help get that green glowing saturation, or do you just go about it with color picking? I know it doesn't really matter in the end, just curious as I'm trying out different techiniques myself

@Adzerak: Haha Sorry for the delay to answer your question, but yes I do, sometimes I use color dodge, multiply, overlay... they really help me every time :) Especially when you want something with more contrast!

20 days off...cant believe! I got to do a lot of studies to compensate my lack of production! It's unfair unfair with you guys but especially with me... even my sister told me: what happen to you? why you are not giving your best to reach your goals?

I realized that i'm always given up, always finding excuses to not focus on my studies.
But I also realized that I'm the only person that can turn this game. You guys know this, everyone in this path pass thru this every day. How you guys deal with it?
Sorry for the boring chat. But i feel comfortable to talk about this thing here.
( dont know if someone gonna read this haha)

So, in this 20 days I finally finished this illustration that I posted in the last weeks. And I brought something new I'm working on right now, trying to get out of my confort zone, doing something i never did before, Photobashing!!
At least I already see that I'm learning alot with perspective, values and increasing the amount of references in my library.

Something that always help me to get focus and move forward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJC9xMNM...oBKAK_w-fw

Trying to put some colors over the b/w version!!
Still unfinished.

moving to next one o/

WB man, kicking ass. But, don't you feel the carts a bit short too? :(

@rafa? Yeah bro, i had this doubt too :s

Photobashing time! still a lot to do!

Seeing this guy work and his dedication just made my day: http://artofjasonkang.blogspot.com.br/ vlw rafazito!

Sweet sweetness! Digging the Orc riding the eagle :)

Also I like where you are going with the last piece.

Hi Cesar. Last enviro with matte painting looks cool, maybe a little bit too dark, now. Also wanna notice, that i saw your works and WoW fan-art with troll and orcs on eagls are great! in my opinion)

Maaaan I'm glad I clicked on your sketchbook because you arts is making me cry :D

Oh and even the way you study, just, ah! Thanks for sharing!

Keep it going, Rosolino

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hey there,
With the idea of one illustration per week, I gonna try something different from what I'm used to do again, maybe some cartoon style (I know is not quite good jumping around with a lot of types of styles, but I dont know, I'm just following my instinct to become more and more productive!) aaand a couple of studies from Gustave Dore about shapes/ tones/ and values.

Tomorrow I gonna try more photobashing on the street scene!

Thank you guys for the comments!

Feeling good about being productive again :) (let's see after a while haha)