Rising Stars 2013 Deathline
Quote:[0:19:59] JBZ: do you want me to write it as "we" or as "I" and then you join in?
[0:21:35] Lale: Eeerrr I dunno... Do I deserve to be in? :)
[0:22:28] JBZ: Well... Do you? Are you, miss Lale, going to join in the fun, the dread, the sleepless nights and the exhilarating experience of doing 5 full illustrations in less than two months, for a prize that will be contested by the best of the best, just for the thrill of it? :D
[0:22:49] Lale: Yeah of course! ^^

So, here it goes.

We want to participate in an art contest. We want to win it. We know it’s going to be hard and probably won’t reach it, but we’re still choosing to fight for it. We’re not scared of trying our best. As long as we do our best, we’ll be able to put new artwork in our portfolios. In the end, it’s a win-win situation.

The contest is Rising Stars 2013 from ImagineFX. (Links below) The prize is priceless: getting published in one of the best-known magazines in our little world of fantasy and sci-fi art. On top of that, some of the biggest names in the industry (likes of Bobby Chiu, Jon Schindehette or Dave Gibbons) will review our portfolios. We would be content simply by giving those dudes all our money to get their eyes on our art; if we’re able to catch their attention solely by our art, that would make it doubtlessly worth the effort.

The contest’s rules are pretty simple: 5 pieces of your best art. That’s it. Technique, medium and subject are entirely up to the artist. In our case, we will participate with digital painting done in Photoshop. We’re still shaping up the subjects, but they will be a mix of concept art pieces and illustrations.

Oh, and one last thing. The deadline is the 14th of October. Less than two months from today. So… Yeah.

We will keep our Deathline pledge here, and then hop onto the Partners/Group Dailies sub-forum to update on our progress. Anyone is invited to watch us, comment, join us, of course. It’s our belief that the more we are, the more positive pressure there is to complete the race.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you around! ;)

Links

Partners/Group Dailies Thread

Rising Stars Contest
Bobby Chiu
Jon Schindehette
Dave Gibbons

Yuup! That's how you do it! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Just read about the contest... sign me up for the group if there is still room :)
(08-23-2013, 06:35 AM)GoblinEgg Wrote: Just read about the contest... sign me up for the group if there is still room :)
Definitely, welcome aboard! Check the other thread where we'll be posting the updates :)

Good luck again, you inspiring, blood-tipped daggers--!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hey, just missed this one. Is there going to be another?
Thank you smrrfette! :) We'll see what happens!

LMDesign It's a yearly thing... but hey, now you have 365ish days to pump up your level! ;)