Ronaldo's Sketchbook
Hi there, I'm Ronaldo, it's my last year at high school and recently I decided to give my most to improve my painting and drawing skills. Since I was younger I wanted to draw comics and do them by my own, but I have so many difficulties to draw and paint and tell the stories themselves that I gave myself a break and started studying. I'm really interested in digital painting and traditional.

I will post some studies that i've been doing lately and I'll also try to upload my sketchbook regularly.

Please guys, do comments, critics, everything you want, I'm all ears and I know that you will help me a lot. :)

The blue one is a study of a Sorolla's portrait and the grey one is a Rembrandt's.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome Ronaldo
Adding more stuff will help you get more feedback
Hey guys!

I've been doing some anatomy studies and then I decided to go back to my tablet and tried to do a zorn study.

Here it is, I just noticed my lack of undestanding on values so I tried to focus on it this time. Any critique or comment will be really appreciated.

(i will try to upload my sketchbook more times hehe)

Hey guys!

Now I bought good computer and a scanner so i will try to keep my sketchbook updated to get new comments and critiques from you all!

Here are a few still life studies that i usually do to warm up before start studying. They are focused on the values and volume.

Soon I will post some sketches and anatomy studies, see ya!

new still study!

gonna post any anatomy studies and sketches soon, im just too shy to show them cuz my anatomy still sucks.

see ya!

You should try to use a wider range of values. These look very light and washed out. You could go almost black in the occlusion shadows and it will give the image more visual weight.

some gestures and studies!

[attachment=55840]attachment=55842]

Attached Files Image(s)

Your studies are pretty nice, they show a decent anatomy knowledge, however you should try to work with more contrast, it would benefit you in the long run IMO :)

thank you for replying!

I did a study paying more attention to the contrast and using a photo reference:

any critique will help me a lot!

i've never uploaded any sketches of mine, here are two dumb things that i did when i got tired of studying.

weird shitty sketches

Keep doing those still life paintings and master painting studies! They're very useful to you, just have to make it a habit.

Focus.
Good stuff! But don't be afraid of going to black, will really help model the form since all the studies look like of washed out. Good stuff though! Keep it up.

thank you guys for replying!

I def need to do something about my problem with contrast and going to black. Gonna do more still life studies and try to apply your advices!

here is a still life that ive just done and tried to use some colors, guess i need to work more on values and contrast tho (and also volume and everything hahah)

I agree with Jaik, so far you've only got the mid tones in making it look washed out. Pushing toward the dark and lighter values will help sell the form.
[Image: Form_Principle.sm_.jpg]
If you haven't already, pick up James Gurneys book, "Color and Light" .
thank for everyone's reply!

sorry for not posting lately

anyway, here is a klimt study that i just did, didnt bother too much about anatomy, got focused on lighting and tones and the mood
Hello there and welcome! :D

As lot of people here noticed you really should do more value studies. Someone said up there that your drawigs look quite "washed out" and BenFlores gave you really great picture to show you where is your mistake.

To be honest, I need to do more studies myself. xD Just keep it up and never give up on drawing you really have a lot of potential.

// Sketchbook // DeviantArt //

May the painting skills be with you! :3
thank you a lot, buddy!
object underneath drappery
I noticed that i dont draw too much from imagination so i decided to do some sketches and try to apply the little that i know

and now i noticed that i draw too much from the same position/angle. Fuck.
Great stuff man keep em comin. I like you style a lot. The main problem that I see is your drawings needs improvement in terms of form. then when you light the forms properly, you'll see values work. So, I'd say do more drawings focusing on forms than values for now. Try focusing on the forms of anatomy. Also spend a little more time on your still life, doing them in rush will re-enforce bad habits instead of improving. Keep posting :)