Hey there!
I'm Christian, a 22 year-old chump that tries to become a concept designer.

Simply put, I'm kind of good at drawing. After three years, I've learned enough to be able to copy a still life, a model or a photograph. My knowledge on anatomy is decent enough to be able to draw from imagination.

That is, using a graphite 0.5 HB mechanical pencil and a 7B proper pencil. I also am able to get interesting results with Ink.

What motivates me to join here is to take my art to the next level.
I seek to stop simply drawing a figure or two and call it a day. I want to start producing finished works, that are good enough for a portfolio.

BTW, I do prefer traditional mediums, since I have some issues with not being able to see directly your strokes when using a tablet.
I'm just too poor to buy a cintiq, and It'll take a while before I save enough for a Surface Pro or the likes of it.

EDIT: I probably forgot to add that, while I'm familiar with color theory, I've yet to find a way to apply it to my drawings. which is why ninety percent of them are black and white.
Heya Christian, welcome to the daggers!!

Ooh, good work! At least you've been putting in the hours to build up your observation skills these past three years, that is really great!

Hmm, I know that feel man D: so does that mean you do have a tablet?
The best way to overcome these problems we face is both a) practise and b) experiment and research.
Sure, it's hard because at the beginning we produce shitey, shitey pieces... but all you have to remember is: we have to produce a whole lotta bad before we can draw good. You need to the ugly crap, but making sure you're taking note of why it's bad and improve on those qualities in the next sketch/piece.

I hope this helps in some way - it's mostly in relation to digital stuff, seeing as you know your way around traditional :D

Feel free to jump into the community, I hope you enjoy your stay!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks!

Yeah, it's an entry level tablet I "borrowed" from my cousin. I've painted a few thumbnails every now and then and I think it has potential for painting.

Thing is, I rely heavily on drawing, and doing long, fluid strokes with this tablet isn't easy. Since it's bulky and I work with a laptop, it also gets uncomfortable.

But enough with excuses!

Haha, I need to get used to mediocre works again.
Haha "borrowed" ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean, especially since I use a laptop myself. But believe me, it gets easier! You've just got to make it your best friend, love it, caress it, tell it sirkits >:O
Make yourself one with the tablet!

Maybe this'll help you out with getting used to the feel of it: Drawing for Beginners: Using Your Tools
it helped me quite a bit ~

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hey just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and say hello!! I hope you enjoy your time here... and I look forward to seeing your sketchbook and works :D ~mii

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage