Okepoke's sketchbook
Hello
new to crimson daggers hoping to improve and learn :)
will up load stuff been doing over last 5 weeks just started to try learn to paint and work
on improve my drawing and learn photoshop I am experimenting and trying different stuff out , all ways open to advice and crit on my work
planning on upload work in order it was done roughly and update at least once a week
hope you enjoy and thanks for view:)

Portrait done from photo for practice pic above

Portrait done from photo for practice

Knight done from imagination

Quick Portrait done from photo for study/practice

orc from imagination

will upload rest later got loads pic need resizing :( and wanted to upload a few as test I was doing it etc
thanks for viewing:)

armour study

Attached Files Image(s)

hey! great start to your sketchbook. lots of works.
I've got two things as a tip (:
firstly, I miss something in your colors. I could type a whole story -without exactly knowing if I'm right or not, because I've just got into color theory myself- but I'd say, buy color & light by james gurney, or if you're having a very tiny budget, download it. read it, and the gates to a new world shall open. it's amazing, it truly is.
second, it looks like you're using a lot of basic brushes, like the standard round brush. some people argue that that's the best way to begin, but in my personal expierience this wasn't the case. atm, I pretty much use one brush that I absolutely love. It's the first one in alexandré zedig diboine's pack, which you can find here:
http://zedig.deviantart.com/art/My-brushes-346476394

keep it up (:
cheers!

@Budgie thanks for checking me stuff and the advice I will check out that book and brush set u mention,I was just thinking over day need get colour book so I can see what you saying there and i do at moment only use soft and hard brush 99 percent of the time lol,still learning the basic of photoshop I get confused easly lol I should experiment with some other brushes ,just started learning painting so kinda winging it at moment need get some few books on the basic I guess,
thanks for tips and viewing :)
Hey, awesome stuff you have here :D Love the portraits and the enviros, can't wait to see more from you. :)

P.S. Budgie, I know it wasn't meant for me, but still, thanks a bunch for the link to those brushes :D
(09-15-2013, 10:26 PM)MajaD Wrote: Hey, awesome stuff you have here :D Love the portraits and the enviros, can't wait to see more from you. :)

P.S. Budgie, I know it wasn't meant for me, but still, thanks a bunch for the link to those brushes :D

Hello MajaD thanks !,
cheers for checking out me sketchbook and for the comment:)
Some rough sketches practicing drawing from imagination

Portrait/sketch done from a photo reference kinda messed the mouth up :/

Some quick enviroments pratice sketches and two works in progress a giant scene just very rough sketch at moment needs lot more working stuff out and female warrior I been slowly chipping a way at now and then though quite boring composition :/

Some stuff from last couple days ,
quick colour studys not using colour picker tool

bran strokers vampire greyscale pratice

WIP greyscale painting

Some texture brushes experiment speed paintings bit vague :/

Monster/creature sketch type thing practicing values in greyscale and added colour layer just to add bit of atmosphere and see how the values came out etc.

dragon pic was trying to add texture and try out making brushes

Awesome Sketches Bro :)
Keep it up.

(09-22-2013, 12:42 AM)Prabu Wrote: Awesome Sketches Bro :)
Keep it up.

Thanks Prabu!, cheers for viewing and leaving nice comment :)
Some Sketch from yesterday practicising some quick value painting

undead orcy looking Work in progress need maybe add some pattern detail to armour

Attached Files Image(s)

few things from this week
Trying some animal inspired characters faces from a slighty morphed photo

old masters study 1hr

orange on me desk

Portrait from photo 3 to 4hrs

Values and colour study

greyscale value practice city scene

female bounty type alien

quick painting of snow fight trying to block in some basic colour bit boring compostion

female bounty hunter again

greyscale painting tried colouring but it ended up looking pretty bad

Nice stuff! Keep drawing you are on the good path :)

(09-28-2013, 07:37 PM)Madzia Wrote: Nice stuff! Keep drawing you are on the good path :)

Thanks Madzia ! yeh good to have place like this learning slowly reading through the good advice people share here :D
Nice stuff, your progress is visible even if I look from beginning to end in this post! Keep it up!

(09-28-2013, 08:02 PM)Kaffer Wrote: Nice stuff, your progress is visible even if I look from beginning to end in this post! Keep it up!

Thanks Kaffer! cheers for checking out me stuff :)
Some more bits
value pratice sketch scene

very rough character sketches

20 minute self portrait was grey outside and getting dark the colour look messed up
but haven't done much real life painting

Some greyscale quick sketches of some characters pyro dude and cowboy who was supposed to be wearing a poncho but I kinda failed

Painting study of painting by Robert ferri - no colour picker used from original painting
working on me colours

Desert study only 1 hour kinda gave up them rocks detail killin me :(

Some speed paints from this morning
small still life on me desk 20 mins

quick study of a witch from the painting departure of the witches 20mins

WIP did a repaint of painting did other day didn't use reference so anatomy is a bit crappy

Crappy 15 min building study I suck at buildings don't do much so probably do another but spend an hour on sketch abit first get perspectives and lines /details good first