Raging Flamingo's Sketchbook
As stated in my intro post, I've been drawing for a couple months. This is after a LONG layoff. I did some drawings here and there in college (posted below) but they weren't anything serious, just stuff I doodled in class when I was bored, LOL!

My goal is to put AT LEAST 5 pages of sketches in here each week. I'm focused a lot on foundation + components of the human figure right now. Not confident enough to make a completed piece right now :(

==============
Middle School Stuff:
------------------
[Image: kP3Otxjh.jpg]
-
[Image: yQj2Xsrh.jpg]

=============
College Doodles:
----------------
[Image: Y185Icn.png]
-
[Image: mNX4coa.jpg]
-
[Image: GVj3Ykq.png]
-
[Image: 3MHZixh.png]

===========
Current Stuff:
---------------
[Image: Pp1E3u6h.jpg]
-
[Image: kLmRtqxh.jpg]
-
[Image: CWPc3OT.jpg]
-
[Image: wbpLmHw.jpg]
-
[Image: NUaxXtO.jpg]

Practice pages from yesterday and today. (China marker on newsprint, if you're curious)

====
[Image: ibdDH1ph.jpg]
-
[Image: q3FryYgh.jpg]
-
[Image: KCDaORsh.jpg]
-
[Image: jqKSCsbh.jpg]
Your stuff looks great. The female character is the best so far. Try to do Some drawing from life if you can, it's the fastest way to Improve your skills with the figure. Cheers

(09-17-2013, 06:39 PM)Nika Wrote: Your stuff looks great. The female character is the best so far. Try to do Some drawing from life if you can, it's the fastest way to Improve your skills with the figure. Cheers

Thank you!
I go to weekend figure drawing classes from time to time. I'll definitely post the pages from them.

=====
Here's some perspective and color practice I did today. Simplified a bit. Colored pencil and ink.
It's a small drawing 4x3.75 inches

[Image: kWSZgKl.jpg]

Portion of my view from where I sat: HERE
Awwwwwww yeeeeaaaaa!!

Really great start to your sketchy! And hey! If you have the chance to go to figure drawing every weekend... go every weekend! Nothing is more important than life drawing ~

Keep up the flow and I believe in you :) 5 pages a week? You've got this!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(09-18-2013, 10:18 AM)smrrfette Wrote: Awwwwwww yeeeeaaaaa!!

Really great start to your sketchy! And hey! If you have the chance to go to figure drawing every weekend... go every weekend! Nothing is more important than life drawing ~

Keep up the flow and I believe in you :) 5 pages a week? You've got this!

Thank you! Insane, ecstatic

=======
A fun drawing I made tonight of my aunt sleeping (she sorta looks like Buddha here, no? LOL):

[Image: th8XJyJ.jpg]

Skulls I drew tonight. China marker on newsprint.
[Image: 2xwnLyt.jpg]

Pontormo Study I did tonight:

[Image: DwJRBln.jpg]

hey nice studies i really like your College Doodles they have a great line quality
keep it up
btw the studies are from vilppu :)
(09-24-2013, 10:02 PM)BVB Wrote: hey nice studies i really like your College Doodles they have a great line quality
keep it up
btw the studies are from vilppu :)

Thank you!

Some skulls and perspective boxes today. Been a while since I updated. I'll post more pages later though.

[Image: SCIQTgt.jpg]