Newb artist enters the fray
Hi, my name's Jason. I've wanted to learn to draw for a while now, but I've always told myself I couldn't do it, up until the past year or so. I've only really had about a year of practice with traditional tools in art classes, and I'm trying to get in as much work as I can to improve and accomplish my goals. I'm also here so I can make myself accountable by uploading work regularly.

Being a beginner is really tough. There's so much art I see out there I wish I could do myself, but I know I can't, and then I get envious/frustrated. I'm mostly coming around to stopping this harmful thought process and trying to see the positives and little victories with smaller goals. I figure if they can do it, so can I...it'll just be a while (a few years at least) before I can hit that point.
Hello Jason, Welcome to Crimson Daggers :)

All the best for your goals :D

there is nothing harder then self critic.At first when you start drawing it like crossing the ocean you just dont want to jump in because you know it a really long ways to go. But when you start swimming it feel good then the first wave come and crash in your face and it when you start to feel bad but you won't surrender because you learn to dodge the wave as they come and then you look around and you see other people in the same ocean as you who also went to cross the ocean some of them have small boat who will help you and some other will try to sabotage you(well i don't see any on cd).And at one moment you will be on the middle of the ocean asking yourself why why are you crossing the ocean and it gonna be hard it not easy it won't be easy just keep swimming .Try new thing,look for inspiration,face your fear.See you at the end of the ocean

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
Hi Jason, I'm relatively new to Crimson Dagger also. You seem to have a positive outlook, as long as you're passionate, you enjoy it and you put in the hard work you will improve very quickly. You may get frustrated while learning and practicing, just don't give up :)...Anyway welcome to Crimson Daggers I hope you learn loads.