hadees sketchbook
Hi guys, I'm Hannes Elisson
I thought i would be a good ide for me to start a sketchbook here, I think it will motivate me a bit more.
Feel free to critique my work!
The color studies took me 2h the first one and the viking pic 1h 40min

Hannes, so from what you've got up, first thing I recommend is paying attention to your edges. How soft or sharp an edge is will generate contrast and draw attention, as well as indicate form. And just crank out more studies, but keep them under an hour, and pay attention as to how to create the impression of an element without needing to draw it all out. So on your photo study of the tree and hills, don't paint out every leaf, indicate the clumps of leafs and put in shadow and light where necessary so that the viewer's eye gets the idea that "yep, that's a mass of leaves". In real life, when we look at an object, we don't observe every minute detail, especially not if the object is at a distance. Our eyes process just enough information to categorize that object for what it is. That's how people like Feng Zhu can make a tree in four seconds, because he knows how to indicate "this is a tree" without taking the time to render everything out. Anyway, you're off to a good start, just keep practicing from studies, and don't forget to apply what you learn in your own pieces.

Thank you so much! Great advice, will focus a bit more om the edges, yeah the tree looks kind of bad..
Im so thankful that you took the time to help me out Pablo
Have been quite lazy with the studys this week. But here is a drawing i did! Up for critique :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I think your latest work is really ok. Composition is fine. Focal point is fine, and you feel how your artwork moves your eyes to it. Value planning is ok! Think about color now :)
BTW: What anatomy book are you using for your muscles sketches?

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Thank you kerm! Yeah im going to :)
For the study i did here, was just google search! Dad gave me a book, An Atlas of Anatomy for Artist and i allso got Anatomy Drawing School: Human Anatomy: Volume 1

Pablo has a good point about edge handling & rendering there, I'd personally give the picture a bit more space on the top, to give it a more open feel, but that's really just personal preference.. values are OK, keep on with it! :)

Ill work on that, ty Kaffer!
For now I just uppload stuff I do at home, but i do quite alot at school allso. Today we had Figure drawing, quite fun!
Did some fast color studies of some paintings done by Thomas Moran. I did each studie in 20-30 min

Here is one landscape I did in school with red chalk

Quite fast studie from today. Liked the desaturated colors on the image

Attached Files Image(s)

A self portrait I did in school after lunch. I did it in 2h 15min

Hey guys! Have been a while, have been doing quite much at school
Here is a painting i have been doing for a week, now its finished! Hope you like it :)

If you want to see the process look in my blogg (in the signature)

Really cool values on that last one!

Thank you! You got some really great studies in your sketch book! :)