Total Beginner Here...
When I was a kid, I drew all the time--in the car, at home, at school, everywhere. Then at some point in high school I started becoming very frustrated with the fact that my drawings didn't match my imagination, and impatient with the amount of time it took to complete an artwork. And so, for the past ten years I have barely picked up a pencil.

Now I'm a graduate student in the sciences, and I'm finding that I really can't think as well (about anything!) if I don't balance out my technical studies with the arts. So, I've decided to get back into visual art again and see where it takes me. I love art that tells stories, so I am most interested in concept art and illustration. Hopefully, I can come up with some projects that meld art with science--and build a new skillset that may open up additional career options for me.

As of joining this site, I've logged seven hours of drawing practice. Here's to keeping up with it...
Hello Vytalia :D

Welcome to Crimson Daggers :)

Your story is pretty much mirroring mine. Except that I screwed up in High School & I'm feeling the pressure now.

It's cool to hear that you have a passion for art & science. I hope you make the best of it.
Do start a sketchbook here :)

BTW this is the 4th time I'm seeing the name Vytalia today :P . What does it mean?

Hope it's not some kind of omen...
LOL no. I'm not an Omen.

In fact, I'll keep saying the name Vytalia odd number of times to dispel all the -ve energy around you.

I don't know what that means, but yes, please do.