iamorim's sketchbook!
- chanchhin: thanks for the comment, man. Some of the eyes and mouth are from imagination but you are right. I should draw more without reference. I gotta work on that :)

- dodeqaa: hey hey you! After reading you comment I realised I try to avoid sharp edges when drawing from imagination. I think it is lack of drawing and structure like in the nemesis critique ( thanks again for that!). Thanks man and happy late holidays!

I wll try to do some illustrations based on Allan Poe's tales.

did one more

Heya, great idea doing illustrations from books, do you find it gives you plenty of ideas?

I can see you push towards defining your shapes and details more, keep practicing! Also good to consider, how definition should fade away/grow stronger along edges .
Its like line weight, if you have a consistently sharp edge all along the silhouette, it starts to look like an outline. So try and experiment and see where you can define and where you can fade.

I did some paintovers of your latest illustration, hope it gives you some ideas :) 

hey iamorim :)) happy new year !

thanks for the nice entry...i even had the feeling that these sketchblogs are kind of dead.

I looked threw all your work. First of all thats a lot of work. I really like that you work so hard. What´s your goal for the future? Do you have short term goals?

Have a good one :)

dodeqaa - yes, man. I think it is a good thing for me, trying to make illustration from books. I'm doing more finished pieces and this give me ideas as I practice the whole process. Thanks again for the paintovers. You always take time to make them :D

janos - thanks man! As I said, I'm making more personal pieces, 1~2 a month. My short term goal is to have a illustration portfolio by the end of the year.

I got a full time job. It is non art related but I need it in the moment. I hope to able to balance everything.

I feel I can improve this a little bit. 

hi guys.

Some quick sketches I'm able to do now that I have less time. I hope to finish some of these :|

Lovely sketchbook, dude! It's great to see the big progress you've made on every single page, and also to see how diverse your studies are and that you're studying the right way (taking notes and applying, not just copying)!

If you're planning on finishing the Mjölnir sketch, I suggest you tweak Thor's knuckes a bit because it's looking like he has only 3 fingers. 

Really dig the design on the book cover work you're doing based on tales! Keep it up, I'm looking forward for future posts! :)

amaral - thanks man. :)

some sketches and studies

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=83213

Mora dis

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
fedodika - i will :)

slow updates...

-

Hey man, keep up the work!  One thing I noticed in your pages, is a fair amount of anatomy study, but it is all very loose in terms of perspective and form and your structural work needs a lot of work, especially the faces. Plot out the perspective using a grid and then draw and be crazy focused on getting your forms right in perspective.  Go back to basic primitives to construct your figures first.

Loomis's Creative Illustration has a great discussion of figures in perspective
Proko has some good construction videos you might want to watch/rewatch. Ron Lemen has a great series of 4 vids on analytical figure rendering. Mapping out the shadow forms accurately etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pd0xqPzKCc

You are improving a little by volume alone, but I think if you focused much more on slower accurate studies of forms, figures and anatomy in perspective and really focus on nailing the construction stage, your figures and everything else will improve much much quicker. Check out OtherMuzz's sketchbook and recent study habits , he's onto the right idea.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hey Amit, thanks for the critique. You are always helpful, man.

I agree with you about the loose anatomy studies / structural. I'm working on it
and next update I will post them.

This page of my sb I tried to do some personal, more finished stuff to see how
it goes and notice all the problems and struggles. But yeah, I will do more long
studies about perspective and anatomy/structural.

Thanks again! ;)

forgot this one yesterday '-'

see ya!

I think I finished the first one but I don't like the color of her skin :|

Hi there Iamorim, I really like the way you paint. Your observational skills when you work from reference are really good.

One thing I noticed and others have pointed out already is that your figure construction from imagination is not as strong as your painting skills. I think studying from Proko's figure construction videos e.g.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KjY3BKdVc4

or Michael Hampton's book would definitely give you a boost.

Keep up the good work though :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

- artloader: thanks man. there was a time i was watching prokos a lot and practicing but then i messed it up. let's see if i manage to do it again soon.

some ideas and studies. i really like to paint the forms of the ear but i didn't have the same patience with the bust :)

and i created an instagram account if you have/wanna check this out https://www.instagram.com/icmamorim/

I came back from the dead... I guess