iamorim's sketchbook!
thanks guys.

- david: actually I never did a study after Anthony's work but I watched some of his videos. there are good tips ;)

Great studies, I like the transparent dresses :)

thanks PurpleScissors!

this past week I got sick. I was feeling like shit and spent most of the time on bed to recover my health.
I was able only to make some fanart sketch thing. I think I will paint some of them. I don't know :|

I think you may want to focus on edges the next time. Try drawing hard edges for noses, jawbone, chin. It will pop up the character instantly and so it won't blend with the background.
Another advice, I humbly offer, is to try using darker values for shadows especially for the first WIP. Do not afraid to use darker colors but of course do not use pure black.
Keep up the good work! Well done.

Yo, yo, you yo!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the consistency in the work you're pushing out, iamorim?
It's really great stuff - and you have been making those gains (just went through page 1 -4 again)
I would definitely suggest to keep drawing boxes in 3D space like you were doing previously, only, with multiple vanishing points so that you're drawing more tops and bottoms of boxes. It's a really great exercise that'll help ya out a ton. I'm doing some as I type this.

You know what they say: if you can draw a box, you can draw anything ;)

Keep up the hard work, hardworking peoples = butt kickers! And I love me some butt kickers!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks purplescissors. Values and edges are the deal :)  The first wip you are talking about is kinda unfinished. I like to start these  studies with limited value range.

smrr - haha thanks. This box exercise is good I like that. I must do more some time. The thing is to remember the boxes while drawing anything else ^_^

----

Some old stuff and the previously fanart wip. I want to work on the color a little bit. It is too purple I think. Also I'm trying to keep the eyes and mouth a little cartoon and maybe add more smoke.

Solid work on the figure and overall studies. 
Colors are so hard I know your feelings...
Can't wait to see all those studies applied on your personal image :)
inktober 1 - 12 and stuff

dungueon master! nailed it

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
- alfonsox: thanks haha!

I'll be pretty busy for the next month. I really need to finish some stuff from college. So, few updates for the next 30 days :\

Everything is fine in college so far  Thumbs_up

I will change the armor in the viking character because I realised that the soulder doesn't make sense :|

colors. i wanna die  Stupid

hey!

ho!
I just filled my sketchbook with these 2 pen sketches pages. Some heads on the right side are copies of karl kopinski drawings. Trying to learn something from them.
I don't like the last one. I am not going to finish it :|

I don't know if I will post again before holidays... so  happy holidays everyone! ;)

HELLOO iamorim!! Hmmm... You seem to be working a lot, but everything you seem to be doing is very random and unfocused... You do a screenshot, then a helmet, then a master study, then a landscape, then you know, you're not really putting anything towards a place of focus.

Ask yourself after each study you do what you learned and what purpose it served. If you want to work as an artist, this can save you a lot of time of reaching that threshhold of skill. If you look at my sketchbook in the first few pages i used to do the same thing, but now that i've started to get focused on just one thing, my progress has accelerated.

Also, i'd like to point you to this thread i wrote a few months ago about practicing drawing over painting. invest in some drawing books like hogarthe, micheal hampton, bridgeman, loomis etc. Try to draw 3d shapes like spheres, cylinders, and cones. that may seem silly, but it is the foundation of what we are doing. It's really strange, but spend a whole day drawing those 3d shapes, and straight lines without a ruler or shift whatever, and you will start noticing things in your drawings differently...

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6923.html

You may think it's the colors that doesn't sell this image, but i think it's the drawing part. If you were to overlay your image on top of the reference, would the lips, eyes and nose be in the right place? your colors are actually quite accurate, maybe not the values, but at least the hues are close.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=76686

You may feel overwhelmed by all the different things there are to do in art... but really pick one thing and just focus on it. Make sure it's something you like too, and it seems you like drawing cowboys and pretty ladies over anything. I like drawing pretty ladies too, so i've been focusing on that :3.

Keep working hard, but focus on something man, and don't be afraid you're missing out on landscapes or whatever; it's best to specialize than to be a generalist especially in this field!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey Fedodika! Thanks for taking time to write this comment. I really appreciate, man.

Yeah, I agree. It is kind of messy. When I do these quick screencaps, master studies etc I am usually trying to get the colors right and understand them because that's something pretty hard for me.

And when you see a helmet or a transparent dress among everything it is not unfocused work. It is just me trying to do something that I never did, some experiment or a subject I thought it would be challenging.

I do need to practice more drawing like I was doing in the last pages. I got a cheap new sketchbook so I can do it hehe.

By the way, I saw the thread about drawing and painting. Good discussion.

Thanks again man! :D

Hey, Iamorim.

I love the variation in your work and I admire that you are tackling things you don't quite feel comfortable with yet. I have one suggestion, it is that after you do studies (like for instance studies of the eyes or mouth) you should apply them and try to draw them from imagination more, it helps to commit it to memory.

not sure how much my advice is worth, but that's all i got for now

keep it up man :)

Hey man,

good to see you working things out, good work!
I feel with your painting, studies or personal, you could and define the shapes more, experiment and see how sharper edges can help make things read more clearly, strive for making clean and clearly read shapes.

Hope it gives you some ideas!
Happy holidays!