cicakkia's sketchbook
nice work, there is some personality showing through your human and animal portrait. Cool study too !
(05-11-2019, 07:15 PM)Baldgate Wrote: nice work, there is some personality showing through your human and animal portrait. Cool study too !
Thanks. Really appreciate that :) 

Been long time, I try post some study during early 2020 till up to april

when anxiety kicks in

sketch loosely lizardman

trying line sketch

value sketch

inspire from meme internet, cat getting yell.

value sketch inspired by xcom viper

Monster attack

sketch EASTER EGG DAY

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

A lot of the stuff youve posted is looking great, but I think you are using way to much chicken skratch/lazy lines in your linework. Try to keep in mind line flow and continious lines. One long stroke rathern then many small ones!

Welcome back to CD! :)

(05-24-2020, 08:09 PM)Zorrentos Wrote: A lot of the stuff youve posted is looking great, but I think you are using way to much chicken skratch/lazy lines in your linework. Try to keep in mind line flow and continious lines. One long stroke rathern then many small ones!

Welcome back to CD! :)
Ah yes, this is my biggest weakness habit I wanted to overcome so bad. My visualize are general not that good (without using reference) what I'm suppose to draw so I need scratch these random lines till I come up with something. I see some general profesional just did the line work very good like Dave Rapoza or Peter Han even just a rough line drawing. I'll try practice more of this on traditional method (pen and paper). Anyway, thank you. will keep this in mind :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

For me right now there a certain comfort zone i observe as being drawing lizard.Correct me if i am wrong.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(05-31-2020, 02:17 AM)darktiste Wrote: For me right now there a certain comfort zone i observe as being drawing lizard.Correct me if i am wrong.
Yea, I like draw lizard. :)

Updated MAY

Photo study

Value draw

study and sketches

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated June

Sketches ,studies etc

Color studies

P.S I mistaken post older version on attachment. For some reason, I can't remove the attachment either. Oh, well

Attached Files Image(s)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

To fix you either delete and restart from scatch or you press the update button if the file as the same name it gonna change the file.So a trick is to make a copy version so you just have to rename it so that the website simply assume it the same file it need to be the same file type to work i think.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey there, everything seem pretty solid, looks like you do have a balance between studies and a personal work, between paintings and drawings. Some paintings however feels "too hard" to me, there is a lack of soft edges and atmosphere. Like that painting you did, the encounter, lizard vs soldier. Some mist maybe or a smoke or a bit of atmosphere to push some parts of a lizard to the background so his head and arm would stick out more.
Other than that, you are doing great, keep it up!

(07-16-2020, 02:08 AM)Shuty Wrote: Hey there, everything seem pretty solid, looks like you do have a balance between studies and a personal work, between paintings and drawings. Some paintings however feels "too hard" to me, there is a lack of soft edges and atmosphere. Like that painting you did, the encounter, lizard vs soldier. Some mist maybe or a smoke or a bit of atmosphere to push some parts of a lizard to the background so his head and arm would stick out more.
Other than that, you are doing great, keep it up!

Ah thank you for pointing this out. I sometimes forgot about soft edges on certain part for the view purpose. Definitely gonna more pay attention on that. Thanks :)

(07-15-2020, 02:32 PM)darktiste Wrote: To fix you either delete and restart from scatch or you press the update button if the file as the same name it gonna change the file.So a trick is to make a copy version so you just have to rename it so that the website simply assume it the same file it need to be the same file type to work i think.
I see. Will try that alternate method when I'm doing wrong upload again. Thanks :)

Updated from July 2020. Busy on some project matte painting back there so not much to post I think

Pen sketch and value studies

Some random digital sketch and painting

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

These are looking great, love your concepts and values. I think if you play more with shape design in your sketches then that might lead to an interesting outcome. Keep it up!

(08-08-2020, 08:57 PM)ubem Wrote: These are looking great, love your concepts and values. I think if you play more with shape design in your sketches then that might lead to an interesting outcome. Keep it up!
Thanks, Ubem. Will keep this in mind on upcoming sketches :)

some sketch I did on kraft paper sketchbook. Some image are from several months ago

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated early august

Digital sketch and study

From Sketchbook

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated end august

Character sketch

traditional sketch

Practice Lighting Sketch from memory.

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

I think its to hard to separate/read the materials on your lighting sketch from memory. Its important that you try to keep in mind the "glossiness" in the material of your subject. The eyeballs should reflect more light then the skin. The comb on the dragons back should have light shining through and bouncing thru with subsurface scattering since the material is more transluscant.

Really dig the character designs you posted as well! Keep up the good work! :)

(09-07-2020, 04:54 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: I think its to hard to separate/read the materials on your lighting sketch from memory. Its important that you try to keep in mind the "glossiness" in the material of your subject. The eyeballs should reflect more light then the skin. The comb on the dragons back should have light shining through and bouncing thru with subsurface scattering since the material is more transluscant.

Really dig the character designs you posted as well! Keep up the good work! :)
Ah ok. That one I practically just did it before go to sleep, also without using any reference so to be expected that will have flaws Meh So I woke up in the morning to continue it. Well, still not that great but I think it is better than before  Tongue Anyway thanks for the input. Really appreciate it :)

Updated early to mid september.

Random sketches and study

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Cool sketchbook cicakkia. I especially love the green dragon in your most recent post - it's full of personality. Keep it up!
(09-20-2020, 04:08 PM)chubby_cat Wrote: Cool sketchbook cicakkia. I especially love the green dragon in your most recent post - it's full of personality. Keep it up!
Thank you. I'll do my best :)

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Updated late September

Pose practice

Photo study

Monster hunter Fatalis sketch

Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Great updates here, really dig your dragon pieces in particular, always well constructed and well done in general!