[Image: Dark_zps213e0d53.jpg]

Commission Portrait:
[Image: Marinxx_zpsc0ef06a8.jpg]

Alien Invasion:
[Image: WIP_ALIENINVASION_zps0f27ea07.jpg]

Fire And Air:
[Image: Kike_BirthdayFINALxx_zps62b03d70.jpg]

My DA: http://creatisity.deviantart.com
Your observation skills are really great. I think if you focused on doing studies from reference and then redoing it purely from memory you'd get much more out of it.

Hey if you could do a tuto on how you do the skin texture that would be so cool

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey great work on a lot of these, you have some very neat and creative ideas.

(01-26-2014, 05:03 AM)darktiste Wrote: Hey if you could do a tuto on how you do the skin texture that would be so cool

hey i will definitely consider doing one as soon as my skin texturing skills get better :) thank you for your comment!

(01-26-2014, 10:10 AM)Jared2365 Wrote: Hey great work on a lot of these, you have some very neat and creative ideas.

thank you jared!

(01-26-2014, 05:02 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Your observation skills are really great. I think if you focused on doing studies from reference and then redoing it purely from memory you'd get much more out of it.

hello! thank you for your feedback!
The way i work on my art has actually three different approaches.
1. studies only /still life or photo study
(not much room for creativity but promises a lot of progress)

2. using reference to make my own ideas look proportionally right in every aspect possible
(it gets creative however i can still rely on images from real life)

3. painting from memory/imagination with a little to none reference at all
(creative chaos and nothing looks realistic)

the problem when using reference to me is that i focus too much on how to make it look as realistic as possible, and then it tends to blend in really bad with my "own original" background. that is why i actually try to avoid reference even though i know thats also a stupid approach because it doesn't get me far at all.
i will definitely work harder to get some progress done!
Thanks again for your comment, i appreciate it a lot :)
You should do what works for you since everyones different but dont be afraid to try new approaches. "If you do things the way you've always done them you'll always get what you always got." Not sure who said that but its got a lot of truth to it. Try merging your 3 approaches into one longer process. James Gurney has a good book on this subject called Imaginative Realism. Also this video by Will Terrell shows a good way of using reference effectively and building toward the more creative side of things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOK2sDLtu2Q

You should consider starting a sketchbook thread here too. It can be a load of help to get feed back not only on your finished work but your process leading up to finished work as well.

(01-27-2014, 02:43 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: You should do what works for you since everyones different but dont be afraid to try new approaches. "If you do things the way you've always done them you'll always get what you always got." Not sure who said that but its got a lot of truth to it. Try merging your 3 approaches into one longer process. James Gurney has a good book on this subject called Imaginative Realism. Also this video by Will Terrell shows a good way of using reference effectively and building toward the more creative side of things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOK2sDLtu2Q

You should consider starting a sketchbook thread here too. It can be a load of help to get feed back not only on your finished work but your process leading up to finished work as well.

heyy again :)
i just checked the video out and i find it very very helpful! thank you! :D
i bought a sketchbook recently but.. i mean.. i started to sketch a little but i just feel so frustrated since i really really REALLY suck at sketching- really. i guess it all comes down to practice but you also need to bring up the strength to leave your own comfort zone- thats why you shouldn't expect any sketchy stuff of me over here any time soon :P