20s Gangster
Hey guys! This is my latest characterdesign. If you have the time, I´d really appreciate some feedback. Hope you enjoy!

I cant really tell what the round bullet clip thing is made of from looking at it. The barrel has a nice sharp highlight but the clip doesnt. Thats the only thing I can see. Looks great regardless!

It's a good image, but I must admit that I'm not feeling any character from him. Is there anything interesting about him?

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Thanks Hypnagogic_Haze! Glad you like it! I refined the clip a bit now.

Thanks for your feedback Psychotime! You actually really hit the point. Many people told me the same. I was just approaching it way to superficial. He is basically just some random guy from that time now. I´m going to try to indicate more character but for my next work I´ll have to keep in mind to give him a strong and evident personality from the beginning on and not to be only focusing on the rendering aspekt. Thanks for your comment!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ralia.html

You must have seen these pop up some time last year. Character just blazes out of some of these guys and it's all about pose and expression. I think you mostly nailed the design for the period, though maybe more accessories of some sort and dirty up the clothes a bit? The gun seems on the thin side for the size, and there is something a little off about the posing of the arm that is holding the gun. Not major, just something not quite right, probably foreshortening and perspective I would say.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hey monkeybread! Thanks for taking the time! These photos are impressive! I´m glad you showed them to me, I did not know them. I see your point. That´s sth. interesting to keep in mind. Thanks for the technical crit aswell.