Clarisse's sketchbook
Hi everyone! I'm new to Crimson Daggers! I decided to join you guys so I can learn and improve my skills. I really need to work more... but I'm decided to do so.

Here's a portrait of a friend I've made last December:

[Image: uVrDWFrl.jpg]

Good start, if you haven't already obtain some of the Loomis' books, especially "Drawing the Head and Hands", if you're wanting to improve your portraiture, there's this Reading List on ConceptArt that has loads of great books, you'll improve tenfold by practicing the exercises in them.

Most importantly have fun and welcome to the forums :)
Marilyn in about 45 min. That right eye. D:

[Image: o4DYzH6l.jpg?1]

(02-03-2014, 05:24 AM)pugsloth Wrote: Good start, if you haven't already obtain some of the Loomis' books, especially "Drawing the Head and Hands", if you're wanting to improve your portraiture, there's this Reading List on ConceptArt that has loads of great books, you'll improve tenfold by practicing the exercises in them.

Most importantly have fun and welcome to the forums :)

Thank you! :)

Some quick drawings of hands

[Image: FNwFbUtl.jpg]

[Image: yl8SweAl.jpg]

Trying to study eyes

[Image: XV8vkBAl.jpg]

A random study. I was tired and so I forgot to erase the sketching lines

[Image: Xu7Z78Wl.jpg]

Some arm muscles studies.

[Image: kiH4mzol.jpg]

[Image: b3q9N6il.jpg]

[Image: Xc8bKVyl.jpg]

Landscape study. I think I got way too excited with that sunlight...

[Image: eiKWCoN.jpg]

Those muscle studies are looking great, nice rendering! Are you also drawing from memory to try and put into practice what you've learnt?

The landscape study looks good :) Squinting they look very similar, just a little higher contrast! Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much Mayenla! :) Yes, recently I've been trying to do some memory exercises of human figure. I draw from reference in 15 minutes and then I take off the reference photo and cover the drawing I've made and draw from memory in another 15 minutes. This exercise is really helpfull, because you can easily detect your mistakes. These are some drawings of this exercise:

[Image: 9WsngB8l.jpg]

[Image: RD2we1Wl.jpg]

[Image: tjmneMIl.jpg]

[Image: VVsGeHjl.jpg]

Good to see a lot of varied efforts! Keep working hard :D.

More landscapes studies. These are kinda meh... I definitly need to work harder, so I can be better, faster and stronger

[Image: XIG1lVDl.jpg]

[Image: rcfgikh.jpg]

Skull studies. I never have patience to draw/paint the teeth.

[Image: jpKhA4Il.jpg]

[Image: ttLn8qOl.jpg]

My first perspective studies. I've watched a bit of Isra's perspective classes videos and tried to put in practice a few things. Doing this for the first time, made me realize how much I need to improve myself on this subject. Although my exercises look pretty crappy, I think I learned something today :D

[Image: SAnWFp5.jpg]

[Image: OLlopqG.jpg]

Some gesture drawings, 2 minutes each. Need to speed up! D: (sorry for the bad quality of the photos, were taken with my phone camera)

[Image: KE5MJGUl.jpg]

Trying to learn something from Mr. Hampton. I definitely need to do more of these.

[Image: STSXo0Bl.jpg]

[Image: fA1puc7l.jpg]

More hand studies. First time in digital

[Image: 33RuZPol.jpg]

[Image: r0W8tzpl.jpg]

[Image: heP0gvYl.jpg]

[Image: XKIKfnFl.jpg]

Nice linework! The hands look great and so do your figures. Remember to do some imagination work and not just studies! Keep it up!

Thank you so much atrenr! Means a lot! Thanks for the advice! :D

Just a quick random study, painted from life. Meh.

[Image: 2hWbCPFl.jpg]

My first digital gesture drawings. Really need to improve my digital line ... And now my hand hurts. Great.

[Image: p0PHYOr.jpg]

[Image: i2NuQKo.jpg]

Mooooore

[Image: Pn2g0vA.jpg]