BroCoffee's Sketchbook
Hi, I heard this was an awesome community. :) I'd like to become a part of it if i can. All critique is greatly appreciated! I really want to improve, but I'm not good at finding my own mistakes. Please help me! :) Here are some of my latest (and better) paintings and I'll be trying to post more every day.

[Image: sci_fi_chick_by_tensaiteki-d76kiqu.png]

[Image: kha_zix_by_tensaiteki-d6ll6c5.jpg]

[Image: nevermore_by_tensaiteki-d6qslat.png]

[Image: shogun_honor_by_tensaiteki-d75rqs5.png]

Thanks for stopping by! :)

New stuff

[Image: asgwea_by_tensaiteki-d77ar3f.png]

[Image: bonehulm_by_tensaiteki-d779qw2.png]

Nice work! Although, If you want to improve your portraiture and human figure, there's this Reading List http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...p?t=152626 that has loads of great books, you will improve tenfold by praticing the exercises in them. Should try Loomis' "Drawing the Head and Hands" and Michael Hampton's "Figure Drawing - Design and Invention". Keep it up! :)

Shocked 
(02-21-2014, 08:09 AM)Clarisse Silva Wrote: Nice work! Although, If you want to improve your portraiture and human figure, there's this Reading List http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...p?t=152626 that has loads of great books, you will improve tenfold by praticing the exercises in them. Should try Loomis' "Drawing the Head and Hands" and Michael Hampton's "Figure Drawing - Design and Invention". Keep it up! :)

Thanks!! I''ll check them ASAP ! :)

Welcome to the daggers dude. Good start to your sketchbook.
Also I suggest you check out the resources thread for some sweet stuff. Other than that keep practicing the fundamentals.

(02-22-2014, 08:09 AM)crackedskull Wrote: Welcome to the daggers dude. Good start to your sketchbook.
Also I suggest you check out the resources thread for some sweet stuff. Other than that keep practicing the fundamentals.

Thanks, I will ! :)

Hey BroCoffee, glad to see you join us :) Basically gonna mention what crackedskull said and say just keep working on fundamentals, I'd love to see some studies in here though so keep posting

(02-26-2014, 05:37 AM)Forrestimel Wrote: Hey BroCoffee, glad to see you join us :) Basically gonna mention what crackedskull said and say just keep working on fundamentals, I'd love to see some studies in here though so keep posting

Okay, I better start saving studies then :D. Here are some recent stuff I did.

[Image: insertname_here__by_tensaiteki-d77xkh6.png]

[Image: Nyw3edv.jpg]

And I'm currently working on this..

[Image: F4eEKp1.jpg]

Is that second one a WIP? It's just it looks pretty undefined in places and I don't think the brushstrokes you were using for the hair compliment the lines that well. Also, that last one looks good so far, I like the use of negative space.
(02-26-2014, 09:11 PM)StardustLarva Wrote: Is that second one a WIP? It's just it looks pretty undefined in places and I don't think the brushstrokes you were using for the hair compliment the lines that well. Also, that last one looks good so far, I like the use of negative space.

Thanks! And yeah only the first one is finished the other are simply sketches

Some new practices and 1 study(I actually don't do studies very often, I'm studying human anatomy mostly which I will post next time).

Tried something new with the lighting and overall look of the painting and it turned out okay, not great though.
[Image: bonehulm_monument_by_tensaiteki-d783z1d.png]

This is a study of Zeronis' Alice. His art is amazing!
[Image: 0CFLrJN.png]

Some concept design and practice.
[Image: pzRKea9.jpg]

And some goofing around with enormous muscles.
[Image: yicwNYl.png]

I'm back(for now) with some new art and some sketches from my sketchbook.

I tried out some stuff with colours.
[Image: blood_monk_by_tensaiteki-d7a90sx.png]

Colours are nice so I did some more experimentation..
[Image: the_great_divide_by_tensaiteki-d7af0n6.png]

Some landscape practices.
[Image: vErRFyz.png]

[Image: RcpW1bt.png]

And some paper sketches and practices..
[Image: PhEsjUX.jpg]
[Image: 7EN7lT4.jpg]
[Image: c1mT9qs.jpg]

[Image: J5HuW4n.jpg]

Here are some more sketches I did this month.

[Image: DjGUNwy.jpg]

[Image: 2obdAlJ.png]

[Image: 3sy42P1.png]

[Image: bd8dWJf.jpg]

[Image: R3mQg0Y.jpg]

[Image: FLRz3sg.png]

[Image: cRYC4h8.png]

Landscape Practises:

I'll try to use previous landscapes to make new. So yeah..

[Image: PpUWM68.jpg]

[Image: HxyBMZS.jpg]

[Image: UizUXRs.jpg]

[Image: GWxh4Xq.jpg]