~*~draw or die~*~
Bug 
hey! i'm erin, i'm 19 and studying illustration in the US. i hope to freelance & write/illustrate my own comics someday! that's the dream... ha.
in the meantime, i'm constantly trying to improve and study all that i can while i'm still in school... that's why i'm here! so gimme all ur harsh critz. i can take it.

first off, this is my tumblr and my portfolio site !!

rather than dump a shitton of images, this is a video of my most recent sketchbook... it was made for a scholarship competition i entered a couple weeks ago, haha.

aaand some other stuff i've done recently--

[Image: tumblr_mxzb6xXHKE1qf6lm8o1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_n0yxboElry1qf6lm8o4_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_myge3u3x8f1qf6lm8o1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_n0yxboElry1qf6lm8o2_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_myfz8iWM4E1qf6lm8o1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_mrr2peFfn11qf6lm8o1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_myx463kNPU1qf6lm8o2_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_myuvbq3OLc1qf6lm8o1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_mygegrNShW1qf6lm8o1_500.jpg]

right now my level of comfort is definitely women>men, and traditional>digital... hoping I can even this divide out a bit.
anyway, i'd really appreciate any crits/advice/anything you have for me! i'll have some new art up soon. :3 thanks for reading~
One thing to mention about the video is that you flip the page way to fast slowdown a bit so it easier to stop the video at the right image frame.Also not wearing nail would help flipping the page.

What kind of book are you think about?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
lovely art . dont worry about being better at traditional than you are at digital, those skills will translate back and forth between each other . & welcome here!
@darktiste
thanks for the input! i was actually constrained to a duration limit for the application, so unfortunately i had to speed the video up a bit.

@BenFlores
thank you!! ahh, i hope so. i think my main problem with digital is that there are so many different methods of working, and i'm not practiced enough to have a process yet... things end up taking a lot of time, for me anyway.

ahh okay, some things I did monday/tuesday!

[Image: tumblr_n1900yi2VC1qf6lm8o2_500.jpg] [Image: tumblr_n1900yi2VC1qf6lm8o3_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n1900yi2VC1qf6lm8o1_1280.jpg]

last one is a portion of a WIP. i've just done the sketch, a watercolor underpainting, and starting to layer some gouache in the bg. planning on having everything much darker/more layered.
I would recommend to stick to one medium before going into mix medium .The idea behind what i say is that if you stick to one medium at a time you see error with more ease if you feel bored by one medium switch to a other one .I also don't see any anatomy study or still life.Consider doing more focused study which you might be doing but not showing maybe it could be interesting to see some of them to have a better portrait of what you can/can't.Also for the moment i feel like you don't fully commit to finishing a piece so let me know if i am wrong or if i am right .

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
@darktiste
noted!! i do studies pretty often, i just think they're a bit boring, haha. I'll try to post more of them! Here are some i did this month--
[Image: tumblr_n19joy2pkM1qf6lm8o1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n19joy2pkM1qf6lm8o3_1280.jpg]

this one is meant to look like an illusionistic flower overlaying a drawing... still working on this one. it's a project. ha.
i really need to get off my ass and do some more anatomy studies, haven't done any since late november i think. guhhh! though this is an older muscle study from october... emphasis on old, i've improved since then
[Image: figure%20drawing%20fall%202013%201_1200.jpg]

in regards to finished work, that's totally true, i don't take things to completion a lot... usually because of deadlines or lack of time. i'm a horrible procrastinator. definitely something i'm trying to work on.

Old anatomy study, but still good! Awesome exploration technique, really dynamic lines :D
It's refereshing to see a video of your sketchbook. Good to see that it contains a lot of stuff with potential.
Have you ever just picked a sketch from it and continued with it? I guess that it's more fun if you feel that you've progressed since you first drew it. But that's a fun thing to do inbetween super-cereal paintings!

Have to say that I don't agree with Darktiste. Don't worry about mediums too much. Play around with whatever you can get your hands on. No point in anchoring down to one thing! I think everything complements each other in the end.

Loving that girl riding a goat piece. Will be fun seeing it painted. Try restricting the darker values to the cliffside and the characters, since the background is already so bright.