Diablo III Fanart contest
The values and colours are okay but you should've made it higher resolution so that you could up the level of detail before sizing it back down again. All that fuzziness and mess only looks good when it's graphic and stylized. Plus, the enviro is pretty lazy. Don't lose heart though, you had the right mentality, and your idea was good, but you didn't apply the proper philosophies when problems arose.

I'd try and be more gentle but I feel like that'd waste your time.
Thanks Jaik...I'll sort that tangent out.
Cheers for the crit Finnjamin. I couldn't res up any further than the minimum of 2000px smallest side for the comp. I am working on a 7 year old laptop with 500mb of ram so it could barely handle 2.5k.
I do agree I lazed out a bit with the environment a little, but it was a choice I made to focus on the character with the time I had, and given how I barely made it with the whole thing (almost ) in time, I'm pretty sure it was the right choice to keep it abstract. Also I didn't want to do the whole applibot ridiculous render quality throughout type thing. Was going for more a brom approach, because it's just soo much better imo.
I wonder if you could clarify what you mean by fuzziness and mess...what areas in particular for example? Not sure what you mean by applying the proper philosophies either? Sorry, I'm not being defensive, I'm all for good honest crit, I just don't know what you're actually meaning with your statements more specifically, other than render more everywhere. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Looks awesome man! I think the lighting on his front side looks a bit odd. Kinda like hes being lit by a street lamp. Of course the light source is unknown to me but that quality of light looks artificial and out of place in a fantasy setting. Just my humble opinion. I only just read Color and Light a couple months ago so my lighting knowledge is amateur at best.

Heya Hypnagogic, nah you don't need to understand light perfectly to know something looks off to you. You actually picked up on the fact that I didn't really have enough time to integrate and really fix the lighting on the dude as I would have liked. I also wanted to make it more dramatic, but this seemed to pop out his silhouette more. Also the flames don't really seem to affect his local colour that much, but they probably should.
Anyway thanks, i will see what I can do to make it all gel together better!

That's awesome man! Not the crashing and missing deadline part, but the piece you made. I love how _everything_ in this image is in motion. A real powerful piece with lots of energy. Can almost see the frames before and after this shot.

Focus.
Thanks Meat! That's a great complement actually...they say the most powerful images are of some action about to take place or just finished taking place...so to straddle both is awesome. :) Gonna fix up all the niggling ssues now i can be more leisurely and upload the final final once done. Like the kid in 6th sense sees dead people "I see anatomy issues"