Mieksta's Digital Library
I've mostly done timed(30 mins- 1 hr) black and white composition studies so far, but i did do a color study of a beatle that im proud of.

I really like your insect!

Thanks man, it took about 3-4 hours to do.
Ok I'm back after like 6 years, her's some arts n crafts n shit. Forums like these remind me that there are a lot of hardworking, talented, artists out there. It's fun looking at other people's work.
[Image: pozMpkKBj][Image: poXeKWaNj][Image: pmMbOq12j][Image: pnFCZ4YCj][Image: pnoMfUfKj][Image: poFYoEsRj][Image: pmo3lT1Aj][Image: pmLcq40Fj][Image: pog38m1Zj]
Interesting stuff. It reminds me a lot about the kind of artworks people would make when I vent to art school back in the days.

One thing that could benefit you is probably to go back and take some time to study the essential fundamentals such as anatomy, how clothing/folds work and color theory. Im sorry for giving such a generic advice, but I can tell that a lot of your stuff would benefit from more basic knowledge. For example, that painting of the two saints would look a lot better with more thought put into the folds of the fabric.

Good luck and keep posting!

(10-26-2020, 04:55 PM)Zorrentos Wrote: Interesting stuff. It reminds me a lot about the kind of artworks people would make when I vent to art school back in the days.

One thing that could benefit you is probably to go back and take some time to study the essential fundamentals such as anatomy, how clothing/folds work and color theory. Im sorry for giving such a generic advice, but I can tell that a lot of your stuff would benefit from more basic knowledge. For example, that painting of the two saints would look a lot better with more thought put into the folds of the fabric.

Good luck and keep posting!
It's definitely great advice and thank you for it. This might sound weird but just about everything I make is a study. A lot of times, I'll make a portrait to practice faces. Then a few weeks/months/years I'll be messing with colors or patterns and I just paint over it. How do they do it in art schools? I have a few sketch books where I just draw certain things that I find I struggle with(hands, metallic objects, stuff with fur etc) and try to fill them up as much as possible, but I feel like the progress isn't like what I see people do online.
Got some more arts I dug up, this is from before I did the 1000 hands challenge lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job on the last piece i can actually recognise the magic card that was inspired by it.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-27-2020, 11:53 AM)darktiste Wrote: Good job on the last piece i can actually recognise the magic card that was inspired by it.
Many thanks, magic cards are super fun to practice
Behold! So my drawing tablet pad broke today here's a WIP of a piece I'm working. Any suggestions for a new pad?

[Image: pmssWdohj]
Aaaand here's a marker sketch I made. It's currently hanging at one my favorite resturaunts.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some pre work sketchin

Attached Files Image(s)

Some cybertronic musculature for you guys n gals. Disregard the skull, I messed up a life study of this weird candle I got for my gf and I hated it half way through. Unfortunately the face melted so I can't do a redo atm. Methinks I'll buy another one. And also a friendly Halloween fruit bat.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome back! Definitely a big jump in those 6 years away : )

I really like how you push these pieces to this level of finish with colour and rendering/patterns and all that, must be much more satisfying than having a pile of sketches that didn't 'make the grade' - although I'm sure you have those too! I don't want to offer any crit, since it seems you're in an experimentation type phase, better to just roll with that and the things you need to work on should become apparent!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
(10-30-2020, 12:13 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Welcome back! Definitely a big jump in those 6 years away : )

I really like how you push these pieces to this level of finish with colour and rendering/patterns and all that, must be much more satisfying than having a pile of sketches that didn't 'make the grade' - although I'm sure you have those too! I don't want to offer any crit, since it seems you're in an experimentation type phase, better to just roll with that and the things you need to work on should become apparent!
I really appreciate you checking out my stuff. I feel like a lot of the way I practice is out of necessity. I don't have a lot of time on my hands, so I feel like I've gotta get as much value as I can out of each sketch.

Fact; I am a huge boxing nerd. So, here's a watercolor and marker drawing of Fury vs Wilder, and to show how I kinda do my process here's a progress pic. I did the original painting when they first fought and the addition when the 2nd fight was coming up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sharing some pages of the ole sketchbook, working on a technique called shadow mapping.

Attached Files Image(s)

A couple more sketch book pages. Also got a new tablet so I'm gonna experiment with digital some more. Here's a WIP.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great sketches! I always like seeing people post their sketchbook drawings!

As for the last digital piece, always keep in mind the form principle, especially on the spheres. I'd also suggest turning the artwork black and white to check your values.

(11-09-2020, 04:13 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: Great sketches! I always like seeing people post their sketchbook drawings!

As for the last digital piece, always keep in mind the form principle, especially on the spheres. I'd also suggest turning the artwork black and white to check your values.
Hey thanks for the tip. I'm taking a break from the  two unfished digital paintings. They're hard because I want to make the spheres metallic but I need to do some studies on spheres, lighting, and metallic/reflective surfaces before I can really get in my work flow with them. 

This down here what I've got done this first half of the week.

Attached Files Image(s)

More progress, and some more sketches.
[Image: sugar-ray-robindon-wip-2.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a couple sketches for today, been  having a pretty busy week.

Attached Files Image(s)