Mieksta's Digital Library
Got another session in on this piece, me thinks a session and a half and I'll be happy with it. I still have no idea what's going on in the background lol.

[Image: poYBXllTj]

and here's a couple sketches as well

Attached Files Image(s)

Getting even more wild with this digital page, and here's a couple from my sketchbook. Long days at work this week. Been spending a lot of time under houses, I think my next project will be mold related.

[Image: poAn5FdJj]

Attached Files Image(s)

I think the goal of this piece is to get used to the basic digital painting tools. It's making me wish I didn't work so much, because I'm learning a lot.
[Image: pmFlvCrij]
Also here's a marker sketch from my sketch book and and small octopus(2inx4in) I made with prismacolors, white out, and pens on wood.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey thanks for visiting my sketchbook <3. You're doing some good work and looks like you've been working hard recently :). Since it seems like you've been trying to get into digital painting, I would suggest for now to paint with the hard round brush. It will help you group your shapes and values more and I would suggest trying to get a better reference, like a figure drawing video where you could take a screenshot. The boxers reference is a cool pose, but their sweat can make the photo pretty confusing. Another thing is doing some form studies to try and help forming a sense of depth.

(11-23-2020, 04:45 PM)Zaulta Wrote: Hey thanks for visiting my sketchbook <3. You're doing some good work and looks like you've been working hard recently :). Since it seems like you've been trying to get into digital painting, I would suggest for now to paint with the hard round brush. It will help you group your shapes and values more and I would suggest trying to get a better reference, like a figure drawing video where you could take a screenshot. The boxers reference is a cool pose, but their sweat can make the photo pretty confusing. Another thing is doing some form studies to try and help forming a sense of depth.
Hey thanks for checking out my stuff. Yeah combat sports are pretty difficult to draw due to a multitude of reasons. The sweat, conveying movement, multiple bodies in odd positions, several hard light sources on the subject matter, etc. I'm having a lot of fun on this one though so I think I'll stick with it for now. I think I'll do a grappling one next.

Been busy with work, the holidays, and driving school so I don't have much done for this one.
[Image: sugar-ray-robindon-6.jpg]
Started a new page, gonna get my mind off of that one for a bit then come back to it.
Working with less saturated colors, colored lighting, and deciding which areas to render less. I also like the hazmat suits because they're similar to the suits we use at one of my jobs and it has a very interesting texture. I feel that I'm almost a third of the way done with it.
[Image: Hopper-Joyce-1.jpg]

[Image: Hopper-Joyce-3.jpg]
Managed to get a bit done this weekends, building that focus and discipline back. Also starting to get a rudimentary grasp of the round brush and a few of the wet paint brushes(I use Krita). 

[Image: Hopper-Joyce-4.jpg]Also starting some metallic and reflective surface sturdies, first one's gonna be a Mando painting.
[Image: Mando-1.jpg]
This particular study has me leaning toward using more references with weird perspectives as that seems to be a weakness. 
[Image: Mando-1-2.jpg]