Hard work + Determination = Growth
Anatomy posing

Technically complex object

My Art Progress + Putting stuff on Deviantart + Making Videos on YouTube + Streaming on Twitch + more on Discord
"Quick" landscape

My Art Progress + Putting stuff on Deviantart + Making Videos on YouTube + Streaming on Twitch + more on Discord
Anatomy posing

Improvisation inspired by latest tech studies

"Quick" landscape

Exercise #1

Exercise #2

Exercise #3

Exercise #1

Exercise #2

Exercise #3

Exercise #1

Exercise #2

Exercise #3 (This was fun, damned ice) Also i noticed that i like figuring out reflective surfaces and paint clouds in unusual conditions it's so thrilling...

Exercise #1

Exercise #2

Exercise #3

Exercise #1

Exercise #2

Exercise #3

Day off...

Try not to use scribble lines on rock or hard soil surfaces. Their faces can be better defined with lines that follow their forms. Check out these images:
http://www.wikipaintings.org/ru/albrecht...kers#close
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AkCA-z5Sbis/TO...+Rocks.bmp
http://brentoncottman.com/2006_10_01_bre...chive.html

Focus.
The skeletons are really cool! Were those from regular figure ref?

The ice lake is gorgeous. You really captured the chill, and the transparent look of the ice.

Sketchbook

meat - Thank you for your advice!
Tygerson - Yes I draw skeletons from real figure ref.
And thank you! That study was my favorite so far in terms of fun and interest.
Here some sketches for game concept that i did in 2010
Back then, I loved to draw such sketches because they were simple and quite exciting

Currently I decided to dig deep in understanding light and material properties with a little help of 3d (By creating Cornell Box type of scenes and manually setting up different properties, which will help me to understand nuances that i need to know about materials and light order to create my own scenes from imagination) I think it takes couple of days to get used to 3d software again...
Heres some stuff from imagination that i did in 3D back in 2010

Really good work, putting a good amount of effort into your studies also. May I ask what books you're studying from? Keep up the good work!
(05-08-2014, 11:54 PM)WestZest Wrote: Really good work, putting a good amount of effort into your studies also. May I ask what books you're studying from? Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
This is the main ones that really helped me:
De Reyna R. - How To Draw What You See
Stephen R.P. - Human Anatomy
Goldfinger E. - Human Anatomy for Artists
James Gurney - Color and Light

Since currently I am dealing with 3D, nothing to show for now...
In couple of days or earlier i will continue my daily exercises!
Also I hope that soon i will start showing WIP's of my personal projects...
Rummaging through my old 3d projects came across a couple of sketchbook scans for early 2013