Seemingly Endless Confusion
Alright guys, I'm having some issues that I hope you can help me with.

I can't paint with the computer. It's taken me this long to sort of figure it out (I've had my tablet for about a year and 4 months...) and it seems to take an incredibly long time. It's tedious as well and I just don't understand.

I do the color picking method for blending, but while that takes a very long time, it also seems to make things look weird to me.

Can anyone like, explain, tip, or help me? I know about anatomy, color, etc...but I can't seem to nail painting and blending with Photoshop.
Maybe you could be more specific in your question or better yet post some of your work so others can critique it. You may learn what questions to ask that you didnt even know to ask before, just from someone critiquing your work. I think the feeling of endless confusion is something we all struggle with :D

I'm not really sure, what's exactly the problem, but have you tried this site:

http://ctrlpaint.com/library/

Do you already know how to paint traditionally but you are having difficulties with photoshop?
If that's the case, then maybe you should try another software closer to the traditional medium.
Maybe the new Painter, SAI or MangaStudio 5. All those 3 have a painting engine that tries to emulate traditional mediums, so they work differently from photoshop.

Well, when working traditionally, I'm better at graphite and charcoal detailed things where I have a lot of control. Have never really gotten the hang of painting and making huge blendy things and such. Maybe I should practice that?

Then coming upon digital transition. I can sketch everything out, pick colors, etc. But when I go to color and render and make it look nice, I just fall flat. I've checked out CTRL+Paint and SAI wasn't helpful for me. I never could get what was similar to traditional in there. And Painter runs so slowly and lags. I'm just really at a loss, considering not wanting to do much anymore because I'm stuck.
This program (mypaint) replicates traditional media pretty well and has brushes that imitate charcoal and the like - http://mypaint.intilinux.com/ I never had problems with lag as long as i wasnt using a HUGE canvas size and you can determine its dimensions if you dont want it to be infinite.

It's a free program also, so you can download it and use it with no problem as long as you like.

Hope thats some help :)

Mypaint, Krita, ArtRage all have traditional brush and sketch engines, all are free or very cheap. If you can't get a traditional feel with any of these, you probably can't with anything. It takes time to figure out software sometimes, just keep experimenting.
Good luck

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta