BlueBear's Sketchbook
Thanks man , i will keep making more studies for sure , to improve both poses and values ;).
ty for stopping by
training my bear paws to do better stuff ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

Wink 
really enjoyed this movie , C&C are welcome ( plz help me !!!) ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Attached Files Image(s)

trying new stuff C&C are welcome as allways

Attached Files Image(s)

#1 a personal piece for todays events .
"Sometimes it's better to finish before the end"
#2 playing around , seeing how far i could go with no references

Attached Files Image(s)

the first 2 images on the sketch page are "studies " from other artists work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPX7Jw9g...B9B2E69A71
have a great week everyone!

Attached Files Image(s)

quick sketches before bed

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice stuff man ! Would like to see your chow finished too , it reminds me a bit of Pacific Rim for some reason lol

I was hearing Neil Gaiman's podcasts/interviews and forgot not to use the color picker until it was to late :( , really need to let go of this stupid habit and learn some value/color. ( if u can tell me a good place to learn color/value from , that would be most valuable to me ).
Im also having trouble achieving likeness , with the first one there wasnt much effort but with the Emma Watson one i tried hard but im still not feeling it :S (once again give me advice plz u mighty gods of art and stuff)
ty for stopping by and i wish u all a merry Christmas! or what ever u celebrate :)
p.s. just noticed a small mistake , i didnt take 1 hour to do Emma , it took me almost 2 hours

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't worry about likeness too soon. Unless you're planning on becoming a portrait artist by trade, there's no practical benefit to learning that. But even then, focus on the structure of the head and getting the proportions right and that will be enough. I used to do portraits of famous/recognizable people too, but then i realized I was focusing too much on getting the likeness while missing sight of the importance of the structure, which ultimately hampered the development of my imaginative work. And really the accuracy of the likeness depends almost entirely on the accuracy of the structure, so much that a few millimeters will throw it off.

As for colours and values, I would recommend some gnomon DVDs

Colour:
1. Colour Theory: The mechanics of colour by Richard Keyes (as title suggests it covers colour theory in depth)
2. Practical Light and Colour by Jeremy Vickery (Covers application of colour theory and how to think about saturation and hue shifting etc)

Value:
Matte surface shading by scott robertson (Discusses rules to use values from imagination and how to render geo forms accurately)
OR
How to Render by scott robertson (book with lots of info on rendering and values, similar to matte surface shading dvd)

But none of that matters if you don't apply the info yourself. Study life and photographs armed with the knowledge from the theory videos, and try to avoid photography that's heavily manipulated or even films, since they change the colours a lot in those as well, if you want to understand natural lighting better. Once you have a good basis in reality, then its ok to use film photos as colour studies to expand your colour palette knowledge

Finally back home and ready to get to work! My new years resolution is to become a better artist!
thanks for the very helpful crit Patrick :) ! i was doing this without looking into what you advised me to look up Patrick and i think those dvd's will be really helpful .

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally finished my last exam , i'm now ready for art related only work from now on !
Ill be posting a lot more often and drawing more , it feels good :) .
I just started a little personal project about this fictional gods , for now there are only four and i don't think i'll add more in the future but we will see . I also want to explore each character a bit more , i will post some lore when i post the finished versions of each one .

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah! That Interstellar piece isn't bad at all :D

I don't really have any C&C for ya (Patrick nailed some great advice), just keep doing what you love - applying studies to what you want to, etc.

Looking forward to more now that your exams are done with!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks smrr ill sure do :)
Today i did my first still life , what i learned :
1- its harder then i thought
2- forcing myself to find the colors and understanding the lighting instead of color picking from a photo ref is much harder and time consuming ,but i think that never color picking again in my life is the right way to go because of what i learn from it
3- its very time consuming for someone who has been avoiding this for so long ( it ended up taking me from 2 to 3 hours to do it )
4- its actually fun

C&C are more then welcome
Ill make sure much more of this will keep coming up .
LETS MAKE SOME ART GAINS !
P.S. the apple was tasty
(enjoy the groove )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAj...YAjgNc#t=1

Attached Files Image(s)

Day 2 of the still life quest .
c&c are more than welcome ^^
(bigger res here: http://bluebear95.deviantart.com/art/Sti...-508477511 )

Attached Files Image(s)

Playing around a bit more with my "gods"

Attached Files Image(s)

For the most beautiful women i know , for her kindness and patience to put up with me all this years :) .
(portrait for my mother's birthday)

Attached Files Image(s)

So that's the portrait you were doing, looks awesome! And to your mother, happy birthday!
-a cartoony catapult im doing for my first commission .
-the one with spidy ,a bear and a punk was something i did while i was watching marj's stream the other day and we were all having tons of fun , it isnt finished but the girl on the computer is marj streaming , mikkel is the pink haired punk and lily is the giant "slut" and me well you know who i am in there. on the wall there is mikkel's take on the stream .in sum it was an awesome night :)
-some knight sketches i did today while streaming
-in the arctic project i was given the task of making 3 vehicle designs and some sketches

Remember to be awesome and keep making progress!
Bear salute

Attached Files Image(s)

Yo dude, thanks for the comment. Studies looking nice, vehicle designs are really creative. Plus the perspective looks pretty spot on.
Ah, put a link to your sketchbook in your signature dude! It makes your stuff easier to find.