James's Sketch Book
Illustration layout for Pulp

Link Studies

Love your loose lines on the first page. The pulp piece is gonna turn out great too, however I feel the woman isn't connecting with the viewer, she's screaming away from the action. Also with your silhouettes try to be more abstract, they all look more or less the same.

Thanks Rich4rt

Landscape for today
wip
Color comps

Trying to redesign Ganon and Zelda

Did something for portrait class

Great portrait in your last post, you have some amazing studies in here.

Cool stuff James, liking the life digital paintings of the models! I agree with AJCC that the headdress draws a lot of attention in the design. Making it smaller and adding something of the familiar onto it might help sell the idea better (turning it more into a tiara? Or adding jewelry? etc).

Can't wait to see the submission! 8D

Thanks Giant Panda and AJCC, I am still working on it though, not sure if I will be able to finish it today

My internet is down at my home, can't post as much as I want now for a while. Using Starbuck's server to upload some work.

Attached Files Image(s)

i like the traditional look of the cowboy painting. :D keep pushing!

The little character thumbs are awesome, you're really good at that!

Zelda piece is really cool... so far! I think you could push the background elements more. They are loose which is OK, but it still looks unfinished.

The mood in the pulp piece is sweet, nice colours too! Again same crit, it's looking unfinished, worth refining the areas of focus more :)

Keep it up man, good stuff.
Head Sketches

Ruan jia head study 2 hours

Did another Ruan Jia Copy, 3 hours. Didn't like the first one

Three kingdoms concepts

Houses

Figure Painting at workshop