gestures

Project Kamigami no Jinja

Awesome work James!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

thanks russell!

comp studies

Tree man

Sketches

Wow, your work is great dude! I really love what you did on the Kamigami no jinja concepts, got me really curious to what is it about. You got a loooot of studies going on here, and it seems all that practise is paying off ;)
May I point something out? I noticed that on these recent sketchbook posts you made, almost all the faces on the people look alike, so maybe do a couple studies on the singularities of peoples faces to give them even more personality than you already do? ^^

Thanks Renato
the Kamigami No jinja was just an idea to do some illustrations and designs if I was making a game based on Japanese gods. Will do some studies for individual facial features

Doing some comps for two Tokyo Ghoul fan art illustrations, one is to show a dark scene where the character is struggling with himself, the other shows him happily serving coffee at a cafe, which two do you think is the best to illustrate, used lower and upper cases to distinguish the two. Any crits appreciated

Figure Drawing

head study of some tokyo ghoul characters

kimono studies

Thanks Mariyan

Figure studies

Did this painting for a friend, hope he gets well

Shrines

You're really killan it with the technical sketches, love the wide lense perspective shot really cool!
One of the best sketchbooks here, man!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all