Lilly's sketchbook
Hello everyone :)

I'm currently 17 years old and I always loved drawing characters, but I started lately to work more on my skill, cause I'd like to become character designer (concept artist) one day. I know that there's a lot of work to do but I hope that I'll be able to get better and fulfil that dream. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm looking forward to your replies and some remarks that will help me to get better :)

Lilly
¤

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm quite new to digital painting, so there are some of my first paintings that were usable :D

My boyfriend wanted me to draw him a dragon so i came up with this one

Caitlyn from League of Legends that I drew for my friend

I've done this one according to what i got from character generator.
The original version and the one with digital background
¤

Today's painting :) The Dragon-Eyed.

And today's concept art training... I don't know how to call that, it was just something that came up on my mind.

Have a nice day! :)
¤
Hello there, welcome to Crimson Daggers. I would say you are off to a pretty good start. One thing I would say is that some of your figures (particularly in the pieces in your first post) are a bit flat. I would therefore recommend you study the contours of the human face more, to get more of an idea of how light interacts with the various troughs and bumps around the head. Keep going.

(11-01-2014, 05:23 AM)StardustLarva Wrote: Hello there, welcome to Crimson Daggers. I would say you are off to a pretty good start. One thing I would say is that some of your figures (particularly in the pieces in your first post) are a bit flat. I would therefore recommend you study the contours of the human face more, to get more of an idea of how light interacts with the various troughs and bumps around the head. Keep going.

Thank you very much for making a time to give me a feedback :) I felt a little bit lost in between of these amazing ilustrators around there so I was glad to hear some opinion on my drawings! I know that I need to study more... This is the last drawing I post for now and I start to study hard, I promise ;)

League of Legends fan art
''The storm approaches''

What do you think about the color choice (of character's surroundings)? I know its weird but is it good? :D
Cheers
¤
Ok, here we go! Starting my studies, day 1 :)
Female standing poses

Tomorrow: more female poses (sitting, kneeling,lying), male standing poses
¤

Omg, I just can't study when I have too! :D I pass school drawing all the time -.- Looking forward to finish it and give more time to what I enjoy instead of writting french essays...
Whatever

Attached Files Image(s)

It's weird isn't it? I drew allll the time during my lectures in high school and college, more so than during my own free time haha. Doing life drawings of your classmates or teacher is also a great way to use that time, or maybe just doing some basic exercises like building up form, etc. Have you studied any anatomy books before? I would suggest Michael Hampton's anatomy book and also this guy's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV, if you haven't already read/seen them. Keep going!

Bloub ! Thanks for your comment haha, i'm just discovering the forum at the moment.

What I can say about your work is... French is a beautiful language !! you should draw during other classes than french ! hahaha
Otherwise.... I agree with Pnate : Draw your classmates, teachers, pencils, pens, bags, jackets, everything you can see around you haha, you can also draw lines. By that I mean, draw with your whole arm and not only the wrist, draw straight lines and round circles on big sheets (from A4 to....A1 haha) or any exercises to improve your pen/eye control. i'm still not very good with that but the first step I think is mastering a good linework before values and colors.

ANd yes, anatomy if you want to become a character artist. and still life drawing.

Good luck ! Oh and draw as much as you can, be curious about everything, how does that or this work ;) I hope I could help !

@pnate - Thank you very much for your suggestions, I browsed that guy's youtube channel a while ago and its awesome! Will check that book too :)

@Tien - Hahah don't get me wrong, I love french :D I just don't like doing that long-as-hell-leading-me-nowhere writtings... I'll certainly try that lines stuff! :) Thank you

I never went to artistic school and never had a drawing course, it's at this forum where I'm for the first time discovering how the artists do their studies, so I realised that I must start from beggining that I've never done. I certainly plan to get further into anatomy, just after finishing those pose studies, which I do to understand more the proportions of body parts each to the others.

Thank you both!
Great to see you studying the fundamentals, good job! Those are always important. That caitlyn piece is also nice. Keep up the good work :)
As AngeliquevdMee said good job on that Caitlyn drawing! Practicing poses is definitely one of my favorite studies to do..hope to see more :)

Ok, day 2 :D I had less time than I expected and no scanner, however, studies were made
Some more female poses, tomorrow: gonna try male ones!

@AngeliquevdMee - thank you for support! Gonna try my best
@KillianHawk - more poseeeeeeeees! :D I enjoy that too

Thank you both for compliments on Caitlyn!
¤

Attached Files Image(s)

Day 3: finally some male poses! I draw mostly women so these took me longer to get into...
Tomorrow, I plan to start some further muscels anatomy study
¤

Day 4: arm muscles

Its just awesome how learning and this artistic background here fills me with feeling that I'm heading somwhere, that I'm growing! I feel so goooooooood

Have a nice evening all!
¤

Ah yes, that feeling is great, isn't it? That's what I love about this community, it gives you the feeling you might actually be getting somewhere. Nice work on those muscle studies, by the way.

Good job on all the figures. Sometimes the arms are a bit too short. The middle of the arm stops around the belly button area so keep that in mind. The female ones look more solid than the males though, because you showed more roundness in form with the round lines. But- doesn't matter so much at this point. Focus on understanding all the proportions. Also i'm happy that this encourages you to become a better artist - good job! Go gooo make more art :D
@StardustLarva - yea, exactly! And thank you :)
@AngeliquevdMee - thank you for remarks, I will check that more carefully next time. And the male figures... just aren't so round! :D I can't see that circles there like for women ones. Thank you for kind support, hahah :)

Day 5: Tried out some core study
¤

Day 6: some digital muscle sketch
¤

Uf, It's a long time that I was't posting here... Well I was drawing, but I had a lot of stuff to do

Day 7: Back muscle studies
I will continue by leg muscle studies and then I will pay attention to the face more

And some quick character concept made during school lessons :D
¤