ABANDONED HIDEOUT
Hey, sorry it took too long i wanted to do it on a weekend but i had to sell my computer this saturday. Unfortunately i cant stream from my mashine at work, so ill just to da paintover with commentary.

Heres a few problem i see in your picture.

1. Poor perspctive & detail density on the architectural elements.
2. Kinda awkward composition, points of interest takes pretty much equal space on the frame.
3. There could be more values,
4. And there could be more noise, details in the picture.

I corrected perspective and changes the size of the objects in the frame (First shot). The really awkward thing for me was that the door way, where the character is probably want to get you, is hot closed. Its may be ok for a concept for a game, maybe theres a lever somwhere that will open it, but for illustration - it kills continuety of the story. You want the viewer to fantasise and continue the path of a character beyond that door. Also i corrected the lightening a little bit. i thought that there s  little bit too much of a light right in the middle of the frame. its been drawing too much atention. on the last shot i just added a little bit more details.

Hope it will help you a little.

Attached Files Image(s)

Portrait Study

Well done Algitru!
Keep going.
@Algitru Hey man, you should keep an eye on the main contrasts of the face. eyes - nose - mouth. You should make them really pop to crate an impressive portrait. On your study its blends with the overall face a little bit, makes it flat. keep rocking.

Thanks for critique! I will try to improve on that in my next portrait :)
Great work everyone :)

just a study ! i learned a lot from this one :

[Image: Rg9B1Rw.jpg]
@art44 damn dude, just went thru pages to look the paint overs i did for ya this winter. You improved a lot. Keep roking man!

thanks man , the critiques and the paint overs were a big help for me to improve :)
Lots of good stuff in this thread. Spent some time browsing through.

Thanks to Caisne and all the others helping out.

So, I've been strugling a lot with faces. Did some studies and some from imagination. Here's some faces I did from imagination. I'd like some crits. Thanks!!

@Blunt Pencil Hey man , you did a really good job. But you shuld think more about a construction of the head. Try to practice and really build some of this usibg planes, simplifying it like in 3d plygons. Its not fun and boring but it helps a ton.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...LAodAcUCcA

here's the good refs for practice, but you shouldnt just copy it, you need to really build keeping in mind the areas not visible.

also check the loomis guide for drawing heads if you havnt yet http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20...0Hands.pdf

@Blunt Pencil : good joob man ! :)

caisne did some awesome environment some months ago ! that inspired me to do some thumbnails and paint some of them :

[Image: kSMmKaC.jpg]

[Image: 5WS0XuE.jpg]

[Image: 7Tw6quY.jpg]

[Image: IOvi3Ku.jpg]

[Image: 8nNxkF2.jpg]
Hi everyone!

I was trying to make my priestess from memory, but I flipped the table and choose to use reference for her. It's going more smoothly now but still a long way to finish her. I change her composition a lot little bit and the values, and the pose of the bird. The background still a mystery to me, 'cause I'm stuck between trying random brushes or stay with my favorite ones for texturing and stuff.

I also made a value study of my flying pig.

And I finished a friend's painting coloring his drawing here  http://rogeriobasile.deviantart.com/art/...-424342252

Hope you all have a nice week.

Josh Barclay
"He just killed an infected who was nearing his camp. Better look for more he thinks, usually these bastards are never alone."

Hey there inhabitants of Abandoned Hideout. I just arrived in town, my name is Gleison Saulo, but you can call me Saulo. I love to write stories and draw the characters from the tales. This character represents the best that i can do recently. Both in concept as in painting. I wanted to know where I can improve, if I'm on the right path or not.

[Image: d3d9217a763bc5a93fb850bf5697c0d1.jpg]
Maciej Kuciara quick master study

Some B&W Composition after Thomas Eakins paintings

master study after Johannes Vermeer

Hi guys. Happy to see lots of good studies. Keep going. I got some more time to spend on a character and did a go at designing his costume. Here it goes:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-07-30%2Bat%2B5.36.31%2BPM.png]
Trying to apply the studies

heeeey guys. i'm really happy to see all of you doing so much great work.

i've noticed that some of you improved a lot since the beggining of this thread. this is super awesome! =D

i'll post my studies here just to keep the ball rolling. also i'll try to give some of you small critz later this week. keep up the good work!

[Image: 1_zps9dckrclr.jpg]
[Image: 2_zpswedvdpge.jpg]
[Image: 3_zpsijhbklrk.jpg]
[Image: 3a_zpsudsauik8.jpg]
[Image: 4_zps13ybepnn.jpg]

Hey Rama, nice studies man. If i may, in the first pic, i'd turn off the saturation and contrast a bit in the castle to add more depth, also, in the distant background, a little bit more blue-ish atmosphere scattering and higger the value a notch. 

Other studies have an awesome atmosphere to them. Well done.

By the way, if anyone have the time, could you please have a look at my sketchbook (the last 2 shots)? I need crits
to see if it goes right.
Thanks

Cheers