CRIMSON CHOW #9 - Santa WIP
Hello Daggers!

Welcome to the Crimson CHOW (Character of the Week)! This is a biweekly challenge which was created as a way to hone your skills in design and character creation, in a fun and competitive way. Each challenge, we will give you a short character prompt and it is your task to interpret the character as you imagine it, with your own unique spin. The winner will be chosen through a poll in the finals thread, and in addition to being able to pick the next challenge topic, his/her piece will be featured in the "Crimson Champions" Winner's thread!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

The storm continued to rage into a blizzard of lightning and razor sharp winds; Dancer and Prancer were the next to be swept away into the torrential black abyss. Santa grit his teeth as he summoned all his might to steady the reins. Over a billion children across the world were still counting on him, and he knew, the forces of nature could not destroy an idea, a legend. The mere forces of nature could not destroy the Santa Claus.

Your task: Design the Santa Claus, Defender of Hope.

Guidelines:
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Photo textures, 3D, and traditional mediums are allowed.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up). No back views are allowed without a front.
  • Only ONE character please.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • Sketches, WIPs, or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Have fun!

Deadline is Sunday, December 28 @10pm GMT

Aww this sound sweet :( shame i'm on holidays for next 3weeks T-T good luck to everybody!

I'm gonna join this one! :D I'm sorry to hear that you ownt be joinning Madzia :c

I created this little image board, just to get the creative juices flowing :P
[Image: wpngM3s.jpg]

I wanted to get into character design again so i'm totally joining this one.

First some refs/ideas board

At first i made some silhouettes for a cyberpunk character

but then i though that the brief had an epic fantasy feel to it so...

I went for a badass/conan/red sonja santa from the frozen wastelands to bring hope and retribution.

Just some silouhettes for now, male and female version plus a heavy armored version.

Cool santa ... lol.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, I'd like to represent an very old man tired and sad that finds some magical source of powers.

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
Also you can visit:
C.D. Sketchbook
My personal blog
My DA
I did some thumbnails :O I think I'm gonna go with the creature that looks less like santa claus, i might have room for some pretty interesting visual exploration there :)

[Image: P2t7AV5.jpg]