pindurski's SB
Very nice rendering so far. That six pack area is starting to look tasty :-D

Maybe move her ear up a bit?

Thank Agerkvist... yeah, it's coming together now:)

Some noodles... Mandate: a child and his/her pet dragon. Nothing particularly interesting or exciting which means I need to do more until I get excited about one.

I will say, the best thing about doing these kind of thumbnails is that I don't use the eraser because there are no bad lines at this stage -- you never know what might lead to a happy accident:) I actually enjoy looking at these kind of sketches in peoples SBs more then their polished works because this is where the ideas are raw -- diamonds in the rough. I have a Frazetta art book where his rough shitty sketches are displayed beside the finished work and it is interesting to see what inspired the painting... they don't just manifest themselves out of thin air! Anywho... done blabbing now... art on guys and gals.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-10-2015, 11:11 PM)pindurski Wrote: A crap load of time making some major anatomy changes here... if it's wrong, fix it:)

just tell me you copied this from reference or something XD

Caisne, Yes, I am absolutely using ref. Unashamedly so:) I think it would actually be impossible to do something like this without ref. Brad Rigney is my fucking hero so if he does it...

Being 1000% honest I don't know why anyone would NOT want to use ref especially for a finished painting. There are far too many gaps in my visual library. Our brains are not computers with rendering capabilities. For exercises and practice paintings for sure you want to test to see where your skills and visual library are so you do them from memory. Even the great masters used ref and since I am infinitely less skilled then they are so I would be a damned fool to not use it:)

More: adding in details and fixing things as I go along... Really not happy with those skull sconces on the wall... bleech! Those little bastards need a better design!

Attached Files Image(s)

meddling with the narrative of this piece... is she the hunter or the hunted... ooooo:)

Attached Files Image(s)

Ze plot thickens! :)

Did she just kill that dude? A bit of blood on the blades perhaps then? Or did she just find him? So far I just thought she killed him, but now I notice the lack of blood Im not sure.

Looks awesome still.

You still up for the whole Skype thing or did you change your mind?

That painting is looking so delicious, I can definitely see Brad's influence on your style :)

Great job on her torso, the ref you're using has been a big help! So far I think her face could do with similar attention, it's looking less defined in comparison. The white light on her face and neck are looking a bit too bright compared to her belly and leg. Likewise the middle values on her left arm, her biceps and deltoids, are looking a little too dark compared to the rest of her body.

The addition of that floating skull adds lots of tension and a narrative of "Who's next?!". Keep it up, this is turning into a great portfolio piece :D

Doesn't look like much of an update, but another 10 or so hours logged in... just have to polish the dead dude and add some refinements then it's ono to colour... finally.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking forward to seeing the colors on this one. Awesome work so far! :)

Agerkvist - thanks buddy.

Black and white done! On to colour... finally.

Attached Files Image(s)

Starting some colour...

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't doodle nearly as much as I should...

Attached Files Image(s)

u drew a... girl with a... nice tummy... mmmm.. i just wanna touch it real quick can I???? O.O

Uhhh man uuh, i dunno, lol applibot i think you're kinda beyond that after that last girl haha, you say rigney is your hero, well, you can render pretty damn close to his quality maybe when he started out out on DA. Like seriously look at the early stuff he did for magic, that girl you did is about on par with that. That's just rendering though, but i must say your composition is very nice and the anatomy well, very convincing, I'm glad i found an artist who can actually paint abdominal muscles, most people just kinda BS em.

I mean only a few things in your girl piece don't look photorealistic, but then again maybe that isn't everything... I know applibot really likes super colorful and explosive scenes, and well you got the voluptuous chick thing going on and the "armor" looks cool. But yea lookin through your artstation, the latest piece looks like a different artist almost, it'd be insane to see you maintain that quality for a few more pieces. (then you can take a break from being awesome? hehe)

Gah, i still really think the colors are holding you back man; like the overall vibrancy like one thing you could try is lasso one area and make a color adjustment just to see if something works better; you could also like when you start the underpainting mix really wild combinations of analogous/complimentary colors before going in with the base tones. You could also take a colorful photo or a master painting and make a hardlight/color layer, vary the opacity and blend it on top of the value painting till you cant recognize it, then use that under the base color layers.

I think in that piece like you have hot spots in all the right places, but you could bump the blues up in some places like the fire in the background or the teals/blue greens; that could be easily done with some careful color burns and color layers, but yea i think color studies are the things you need to take on and catch that up with the rest of the awesome skillset you have

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Fedodika – Thanks:) Truth be told I fucking hate colour with a passion. For painting purposes I wish the world was black and white. I've actually taken that painting in a different colour direct addressing some of the areas you mentioned. That being said, if I had a preference I really do like muted colours... vibrant stuff just isn't me. I do see a fair amount of "greyish" Applibot work to, and if Applibot were to ever accept me it would have to be on my terms and colour palette:)

Absolutely, this last piece is completely different then any other because I've utilized every skill I have (including photo bashing) where as most of my previous work was almost all direct painting. Will have to see if I can maintain the quality like you said, but this latest one – out of all my pieces – most closely reflects the aesthetic that I love. Time will tell!

Thanks for the feedback. Draw on!

Calling this done. Next...

Attached Files Image(s)

yeaaa great job on the skin colors, works a lot nicer!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey man great work on that last piece! I like it man! I'm not going to be a dick and give you crit, because i think its the best piece you've done so far, and i think you are at that stage where you can evaluate what you are doing, and what your weaknesses are and what you have to work for next. Nuff said. Hard to get recognition for it though. Maybe you should start up a DA account man.

Also i like your sketches - have you been watching that show called vikings? i have and its been making me want to draw some kick ass vikings! But for now...more practice for me.

Later gov.

Fedodika - Thanks dude:)

Kimonas - I'm starting to get a little more attention on ArtStation which is nice. I've pretty much given up on DrawCrowd as my impression is that it's pretty juvenile so unless you are drawing smut you don't get much in the way of "cools" – ArtStation seems to be a little more high-end if you know what I mean. Oh, I love Vikings:) I haven't heard much positive about having a DA account - maybe I'm wrong.

Wasn't going to bother re-posting this, but I tweaked the colours and added some sparks to the fire and dust particles in the background to break up the cleanness of the air.

Attached Files Image(s)

How the heck did I miss these last updates...great job man! She looks Badass. Looking forward to the next :-D

Awesome, awesome rendering and a great character.

Did you give up on the whole Skype thing?

Agerkvist...thanks, it turned out pretty well. I am going to try the Skype thing again this weekend. My computer at home is a POS and is becoming pretty non-compliant.