pindurski's SB
On to the next one. Not in love with it yet, but it's a starting point.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Pindurski
It was a surprise when i saw your last final work with the female warrior,i recognized from facebook ^^! Your sense of rendering, anatomy and lighting are so good!! And you choosed to coloring directly from the grayscale, what you have to say about that experience?? And about the last idea that you are sketching yet, it seems that the guy on the right corner, without horse will fall back! Looks like he is a little unbalanced, what you think?? Nevertheless, awesome composition!
I look foward to see the next steps
And thanks for pass by on my sketchbook page :)

Hey Pindurski. This is Diamandis from the ConceptArg.org boards. I registered here for the sole purpose of replying to this thread to say: holy shit, your progress is insane. Brad Rigney all up in this. I didn't notice the influence until the latest pieces, but going back through your older stuff, it's apparent there too. (And I just realized: he DOES use a lot of green, doesn't he? I can't believe I never noticed, haha.)

Anyway, very few people get as far as you did in so little time, and it's all the more inspiring considering how much else you've got going on in your life, especially lately. That is all. Keep it up. Thumbs_up

pableaux/diamandis -- thanks for hunting me down! I appreciate the encouragement! Art on dude!

Rosolino -- colouring from greyscale just requires practice. It's not really painting per say IMO but rather overlaying colour... TIP THOUGH, when starting don't use overlay but rather "colour" instead as colour doesn't effect your base values. However, if your values are off then colouring from grayscale will be very, very difficult. I did this VERY quick demo for an FB group, maybe you will find it helpful

Exploring more conan options...

Thanks for sharing that coloring tut. I've thought about the whole color/bw thing alot too. Sticking to values and THEN coloring is so appealing because adding color is just a whole different can of worms - however, most times it really shows when it's done that way. I think on your book keeper piece it turned out really, really well and looked like a "real" color piece, so I guess it's just a matter of refining that technique until you can nail it everytime.

Liking the new sketch, but I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet. Great angle and dynamic as always!

Agerkvist -- I too have no idea what the hell is going on either.

Some studies. There are two big questions about this next painting:
1. How do I Conan? And...
2. How do I horse?

Focusing on the Conan part today... doing some Cary Nord studies then a quick imagination piece. My previous attempts lack a ferocity that is inherent to the character.... so more work is needed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey dude i actually have those comics somewhere! I bought them when they first came out - the art work was spectacular! Good stuff, conaning looks fun!

Still trying to hammer out this Conan thing... getting closer to something I'll want to work on for 50+ hours.

Attached Files Image(s)

Base line drawing done though there are some anatomy issues but I finally landed on a composition I like. Time to go in and start designing and refining:)

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick sketch and WIP (it's a bloody mess right now!)

Attached Files Image(s)

More... changing up some composition and muddling with values... still a long way to go.

Attached Files Image(s)

This isn't even the same piece anymore although I shouldn't be surprised as this always happens.

Attached Files Image(s)

I feel like I've drawn and re-drawn Conan about a 1000 times... that being said... each time it gets a smudge easier:)

Attached Files Image(s)

Some dragonzzz...

Attached Files Image(s)

More... a screaming baby cut into my art time this morning, but managed to make a lot of tiny adjustments and work on one of the priest dudes. Normally I would flesh out the main characters first, but I tend to get burnt out and only put half ass effort into the background and secondary character... not so with this one I am working from the background foreword so hopefully the overall quality will be better.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some prelim concept art for an upcoming board game.

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP: If I cropped this better it could be a little painting unto itself:)

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy Puppy sketch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished character sheet. If there is time left in the project we will add a separate/unique portrait on the left side.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not much going on lately... just another character sheet.

Attached Files Image(s)