vymnis sketchbook
been really busy with school as of late so when i get home i just want to draw and not worry about uploading things. which means ill be uploading all of the work i do throughout the week in one sitting rather than daily. still doing the same amount of work just uploading less :/

the stuff from this week

bit of a hellish week but still tried to draw as much as i could.

if i could get my hands on a decent scanner i could upload my other work as well... ah well :/

slipped my mind to upload last week >_< killing myself trying to draw as much as rzanchetin im probably just not efficient enough to yet :T

forgot this one >_<

week 8

if anyone has some advice on how to paint clouds i'de really appreciate it. i just can't seem to grasp them. they're so random and chaotic even rubble has a sort of pattern you can follow.

week 9 stuff

took way to long on the speedpaints but pretty satisfied with the efficiency of the main project

Clouds do have patterns actually if you look at the different types of clouds. Cumulus clouds for instance are flat on the bottom and puffed up on top like a mushroom top. It might help to look up types of clouds and decide what kind of weather you're going for. Your figures look very nice by the way :)

(11-13-2014, 04:27 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Clouds do have patterns actually if you look at the different types of clouds. Cumulus clouds for instance are flat on the bottom and puffed up on top like a mushroom top. It might help to look up types of clouds and decide what kind of weather you're going for. Your figures look very nice by the way :)

Thanks for the advice! ill try to do some studies this week on clouds based on there types :). i also realize almost everything has a pattern i just meant i have a hard time seeing it >_<. thank you for the compliment :D!

last weeks stuffs

did some cloud studies and what not but im noticing my efficiency really needs some work. some of the "speed" paintings took 6+ hours lol. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment=60644]

sorry feeling a little lazy and wanna get started on my studies for the day so all my studies from last week are in consolidated form

I'd say your stuff is pretty solid.

You're pretty consistent with your studies and you're not afraid to delve into some very ambitious territory. One thing I see in your work is that you like to show a lot of detail, sometimes to the detriment of an image. I think your work could be further improved if you focused some of your studies towards edge control and composition.

http://idrawgirls.com/tutorials/2011/11/...-painting/
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/principl...troduction
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/lost-edges

I'm sure there are better resources out there, but these are a few good ones I've picked up a while back.