Othrandir's sketchbook
(07-14-2015, 12:40 AM)Zearthus Wrote: Aw, wish your old images worked so I could see the progression throughout the years. None of the less, first time seeing your sketchbook. I assume, illustration/concept art is what you like to do? Or do you venture into other territories as well, for example, landscapes?

Looking forward to see more of the stuffs you post, and you just got yourself a new follow on deviantart. :)
Hey man! I managed to restore some of the first images on my first sketchbook in ca.org - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...o-whatever

Yeah, I try and venture into landscapes from time to time. Right now though I want to start following a niche and specializing my portfolio i character illustrations :)

E-MAIL - [email protected]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Something I recently did for a client.

[Image: Small_signed.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude this Templar, horse illustration is the fcking bomb <3

Yeah I wish I could see your old stuff as well... damned image hosting sites >: guess I'll check out your ca.org sketchy!
Srs bro, some massive gains going on here, no crits <3

Just looking forward to more!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
smrr - Thanks so much! Means a lot :)

Well hello there! Here's something I finished for a client today :)

[Image: Viking_Small.JPG]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Cool stuff! Keep up the good work.

Hobitt - Thanks! :)

I watched "The Water Diviner" this morning and it inspired me to make this

[Image: 219.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Personal piece
"Guide"

[Image: Guide.JPG]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

I love how much a piece can change when you're painting it just for yourself. Allowing yourself to make changes makes the journey so much more enjoyable. Here is an example of this. On the top is the quick pencil sketch I started with and on the bottom is the finished piece I ended up with.

[Image: comp.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

It's so awesome to have seen your work evolve. Your latest piece is truly an inspiration. Letting ourselves know that it's okay to shift things around a bit can be hard. But, the vision doesn't always stay the same Grin Thanks for reminding me of that!

Keep up the awesome.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
It's been a while I had the time to visit your sketchbook! It's inspiring to see your hard work and all the studies you did (especially those anatomy studies on the page before). I also really like the atmosphere in your latest pieces! Curious to see what you come up with in future!

Keep it up! (:

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
Bookend - Thank you so much! Yeah, I've been discovering that to be true more and more lately. It's quite freeing!

Cyprinus - Thanks for stopping by! Here's something new already! :)

Something I painted today to try and strengthen my portfolio

[Image: dude%252520copy.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

You are fast! Keep pushing out more cool stuff, last 2 illustrations are pretty cool.

crackedskull - thanks man! Here's another hah! :D

aaand another illustration from me :)

I think I’m on a roll this week :D Let’s keep it going!

[Image: Revival.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Amazing hands. Like, really, just amazing. The textures are great also :) I like how you gave a nebula effect to the hands power. Also, I feel when I see the victim's face that he's being absorbed or is it just me? Because of the line work mostly on the jaw.

Great work, inspiring. Thank you for posting it :)

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
Really like the mood in the paintings. Keep it up!

wasgodx - Thank you! Hah, I didn't that's what the effect was called :D I can see how you think that, unfortunately, that wasn't my intention :D or am I supposed to say that it was? :D

Sketchosoph - Thanks man! Your wish is my command hah! I made some stages for you :)

Hobitt - Thanks! I'm glad you like them :)

Steps for my last two paintings :)

[Image: All.jpg]

[Image: All.jpg]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Study from "The Mummy 2"

[Image: 71.JPG]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Quick sketch before going to bed

[Image: 178.JPG]

oh yeah, and I had a brief conversation with THE BLACK FROG today

[Image: 20150820_165158.jpg]

OMGOMGOMGOMG ikr?!! :D I'm really tired now though, I shall explain more in the next post :) Night night! :)

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Okay, so here it is. I was at this awesome festival called FuturoVarna. It was held in Varna, Bulgaria (my home town) and I got to go. It was amazing. 5 days full of lectures by amazing artists like Sabin Boykinov, Miroslav Petrov, Viktor Kalvachev, Tzvetomir Georgiev, Pierre Alary, Michael Defeo and Igor-Alban Chevalier aka The Black Frog and others! Each one with their own expertise. It was mind-blowing. I got 4 portfolio reviews, one of which was from the Black Frog! My paintings were DECIMATED! and I would want it no other way. They pointed out so many mistakes. I will try to have a 2 day buffer thing, where after finishing a piece I wait 2 days before posting it so I can see some of the more obvious mistakes I've made.

anyway, I'm pumped, so here, have a sketch! :)

[Image: 179.JPG]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

I just love the mood/environment in your pieces. Congratulations on getting critiques from pros! That's gotta be a great experience. Keep applying it and work hard! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!