Kimonas's Sketchbook
Wow Kimonas! I'm loving your work - keep it going! No useful crits from me - although I agree with Fedodika about that dude's hand.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey all!

I have some great news! I finally managed to get the job with MTG to do card art!

Cynthia Shepperd emailed late last week, and so I should start in a few weeks she says. I’m really terrified to be honest, I’m desperate to do a great job for them.

Until I take my time off work in March 2018 this means I’ll be really busy and because the Cards will only be spoiled in a year or so, I might not have much to show but I’ll continue to lurk and give feedback here. From March 2018 I’m really going to step my practice up, I want to push myself harder.

Fedodika -  Hey buddy thanks for the feedback. I'm mostly agree with it. I did try to do a subtle vertical perspective skew but maybe this could be exaggerated. I suppose i went with quite a simple perspective with verticals and horizontals to suggest peace. Also you are right about the hand - ill have to practice hands quite a lot i reckons soon. I suppose you can never practice them enough.

Artloader- Hey thanks for visiting, ill certainly work on my hands more :)

Also I got some feedback on reddit from Noah Bradley – he told me to work on silouhettes and study golden age American Illustrators like Wyeth and Pyle. Heres some studies:

Attached Files Image(s)

well what do you know, another dagger comes out on top! So awesome to hear bro!!

And yea, always keep digging into the old master stuff and refining your taste, gotta train the brain to think like the gods those dudes were while alive.

again CONGRATULATIONS BRO I WISH THERE WAS A COOLER WORD THAN THAT!!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Congrat dude for starting mtg cards ! Nothing to add except that i really dig the last 2 illustrations you posted ! especially in term of values, really readable and good light ! keep it up !

Wow, love that dragon egg piece! What inspired that idea?

And that lion warrior! Absolutely love the armor and shield design.

Also, congratulations on MTG work! That's awesome! You'll do great.

Sketchbook

What the? That is awesome news about the MTG gig Kimonas!! I'm rootin' for ya mate! Just keep doing what you're doing I reckon - they must've already seen something in you to call you up.

It's always good to get some tips from quality teachers - nice one.

Good luck!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Congratulations!! Best of luck :) Can't wait to see you kick ass on the MTG cards