Kimonas's Sketchbook
Hi everyone!

Been taking the arts seriously for just under 1.5 years and hoping to keep practicing to get stronger.

I occasionally do illustrations for fun, to see where i am with things. I try and study a lot of the fundamentals, and plan to focus on portraiture, anatomy, design, landscapes and composition over the next year or so.

Anyway, I hope we can help eachother out!

Here's a few recent pieces, any crit wellcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a quicky for today about 3 hours. Any scathing crit welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

Heres another one from today... having a lot of trouble around the eye area and lips - specifically the forms. Does any one know of any good resources to look at for this?

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice dude. Some new paintings here I haven't seen before. Looking forward to seeing some of those landscape paintings too!

So quite busy these days with real life job - appraisal time.

Anyway just some line work today. I feel like i've neglected it for such a long time - and feel i should develop it more. It seems to be a great way to get concepts down, an i'm sure it will help my illustration work in some way.

Need to work on that anatomy. Everything is unreferenced here apart from the two central portraits without horns.

Attached Files Image(s)

Get back to work Kimonas! ;)

Ill try pindurski, i always seem to have a mid winter lul - will try and keep sketching everyday, want to get this line work better. 30 mins spare today, crap gestures from ref, face is unreffed.

Attached Files Image(s)

eyes with refs, random portrait no refs

looking very cartoony, made schoolboy error of making eyes too large.

Attached Files Image(s)

dayuuum Kimonas nice sketchbook ^^
keep workin hard man!

EFffin dope stuff man

i take it your a fan of "Handsome" brad :)

only cits just be a bit more sparing with your values and not blow them out as much. I see some 100% blacks and dodgetool hotspots. try to work middle out that way you have plenty left for your focal points.

http://www.ruanjia.com/img/1288976034.jpg

keep it commin yo

Marjorie: Thanks for visiting! Ill try my best!
Hey Iggytek: Glad you like my stuff but i see it riddled with flaws! Brad is the man, as far as i'm concerned. I look up to him not only to his work but also his attitude. I also really admire Karl Kopinski and Justin sweet. Yes I agree with your crit, i tend to ignore half tones a lot - i should try and learn to bring them out. Im not sure but i really like heavily shadowed faces, love the dramatic effects. I gave bringing out the half hones a bit, and tried not to go bananas with the dodge tool with this next portrait. Any way thanks man!

Attached Files Image(s)

KIMONAAAAAAAAAS! There you are. See what you made me do...now I started a sketchbook here aswell! I've been meaning to for a while, so it's all good. Hope we can still chill on skype tho!

Good to see you're getting some studying done. The girl in #2 is that a study or imagination piece? Or imagination using ref? Looks great :)
Nice to see you working on anatomy. Keep pushing the studies:)

AGGGGEEER - nice to see you here man, had been studying but then decided to spend two bloody weeks on this illustration - i really need to get back into studying and stop fannying around with imagination stuff, fun as it is.

Pindu- Workin a bit on anatomy, but man, i need to get back into beast mode again, not studying as much as i used to.

Well, here it is, 40 hours or so, man im slow, hopefully will get faster. There's a bigger one on DA if you are interested :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Just some studies

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-07-2015, 11:38 PM)Kimonas Wrote: AGGGGEEER - nice to see you here man, had been studying but then decided to spend two bloody weeks on this illustration - i really need to get back into studying and stop fannying around with imagination stuff, fun as it is.

Pindu- Workin a bit on anatomy, but man, i need to get back into beast mode again, not studying as much as i used to.

Well, here it is, 40 hours or so, man im slow, hopefully will get faster. There's a bigger one on DA if you are interested :)

tha fuck man this is awesome!

like the goat eyes :) nice studies too
crazy yo!

Hey Iggy thanks man! :DDD

tried a new work flow for the portrait, messed up the tonal consistency/arrangement a bit

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome stuff in here Kimona ;o) Love the demon-lady illustration. I'd like to see what beast-mode-studying is. Keep at it, looking forward to seeing more!

Demon chick is great! You worked hard on that one at it shows - good job.

And dat studying...great stuff...I want to do some of the same stuff. It works!

Hope I can still catch you on Skype and Hangouts even if you're getting into this new studying routine?

Minkksy Hey thanks man! Well, we just have to see if beast mode continues - hopefully it doesnt stop and its a cascade!

Hey ager! Yeah man if i study ill usually be on hangouts, course you can join in when we are on, no probs!

Attached Files Image(s)