GOLDEN boys?
Hey you guys, unfortunately I joined daggers posterior to the golden era of the group, you know, when Dan streamed daily, and the bloodsports and goldenboys were at their peak. So Im thinking on redoing those events solo. So im just wondering, what did the Goldenboys actually consisted of? What was the mission in that challenge? is there a thread for it on this forum still? All i found was the winners list. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

I might be wrong but, it was basically a month of hard work where you tried to improve on a specific thing such as anatomy, composition, colors etc. and it was a competition on the sketchbooks to see who did the most work, who improved the most etc. I don't know if it was 1 month or 1 month and a half, or maybe it was 3 months idk sorry.

Yea... figured as much, but I wanted to know the specifics if possible. But thanks Gliger

Dan and Dave and maybe Dennis ? used to pick the so called golden boys from sketchbooks each month. I don't think it lasted very long, because that required too much of their time to maintain. It was just about who they judged to be working hard, or something, probably largely based on prolific posting in the sketchbooks. That's all I know.

Not sure what the value of doing this yourself would be. Just work as hard as you need/want to for yourself. The bloodsports would be useful to do for folio building i guess.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yea i mean, im not sure what exactly the Golden boys was. I thought it was like a more specific challenge or something. But its its just Work really hard all the time and post it up, then i guess it is nothing new. Its like that Noah Bradley 21 days challenge. Which, if i understand correctly is just , do studies for an hour a day every day for 21 days.. I thought it'd be more specific too, but its like, im already doing more than 1 hr a day of studies.

I guess i want a specific challenge to motivate me more. Or just anything to make things more interesting you know?

yeah man I hear you. I guess if we wait for motivation to drive everything then we are all screwed as artists on demand.
I would suggest the best thing might be to find a personal project that you are really passionate about, that way you can angle your studies towards a goal and you would end up with a bunch of finished pieces that would be linked together and can go into your folio.

It's some of the best folio advice I got, and it makes a lot of sense, though I haven't really applied it to my folio yet. But for personal motivation nothing beats working on something YOU care about rather than some challenge or other.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Check it out, maybe you will dig some more info from it.

http://www.livestream.com/danielsdangerr...04aaf80c99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBE7QUL0r8

Oh hell, thanks Caisne, thats probably all I needed.