Amb and Will's Daily Studies
WIP. Gonna keep working on it later.

[Image: cup.jpg]

Ref photo: http://0.tqn.com/d/painting/1/0/i/g/1/Re...ifeCup.jpg
[Image: 12_blonde.jpg]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. Doing the same image as amb to help explain the process. Drawing is pretty flawed and color is off. Happier with showing femininity.
[Image: 13_sword.jpg]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. Pushing my drawing accuracy and studying reflections. Way less bent that I’d think for freehand, but still pretty rubbery. Sword a major feature of my personal illustration.
ambthecreative: For these cup and flower studies it's best you start off by blocking in the shape/shapes with a single color first before you move on to any sort of value. It will help you focus more on the whole subject instead of details. Also in that cup piece you are working on now, pay close attention to the edges.

Anyway, good job you two, hope you're learning a lot from each other!
[Image: 14_-periphylla.jpg]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. Colors were pretty complicated, should have left more time for details. Mostly for fun, but practice with subtle colors, and strange anatomy for future creature designs.

And thanks for keeping up with us Dennis, it's even more helpful for both of us.
[Image: 15_tennis.jpg]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. No real blending to speak of, focusing on foreshortening and anatomy. Back to studying my piece, learning thins about limbs moving in space.
Thanks for the advice. Will work on blocking in colors and yeah need to focus on those edges.

But instead of working on that cup again (and the girl I refuse to put here), here's a study of a sky. This one was kinda fun, even if it's all wrong in places.

[Image: sky1.jpg]

Ref: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/a...ce/sky.jpg
[Image: 16_mountain_temple.jpg?w=580&h=435]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. Temple is too simple, focusing on colors and implying detail. Environment and brush practice mostly.
[Image: 17_pancake_house.jpg]

Photo Reference

Two hour study. Lots of mistakes with this one, poor time management, iffy colors, poor drawing, and blotchy textures. Some success here and there with skin texture though.

Still in contact with Amb, she's on a better scheduale, and should be posting yesterday's study's shortly.
WIP.

[Image: orangeflower.jpg]

Ref: http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper...0x1200.jpg
Taking a break due to financial difficulties. I'll be around, just not very consistently...which I haven't been anyways, but expect a bit worse. Will, please keep it up while I work things out :)
I'm back! And to celebrate I'm adding one more hour to the past few studies before moving on for good.

Here's the cup. The newer version ontop. Tried fixing the edges and the shadows, but ran out of time.

[Image: cup2.jpg] [Image: cup.jpg]

Ref Photo

The sky study. Not sure if this is better or worse. I'm thinking worse. Defining clouds is a challenge...

[Image: sky2.jpg]
[Image: sky1.jpg]

Ref. Photo
Woo we're back. I've been posting on my blog, moved on to three hour studies. Here's tonight's:

[Image: 09_dolphin.jpg]

Photo Reference

Three hour study. Smaller, simpler, just-for-fun study. A bit too static, and got lazy with the waves.
Flower retouch. Still not finished. I may come back to this again.

[Image: orangeflower1.jpg]
[Image: orangeflower.jpg]

[Image: 10_mother.jpg]

Photo Reference

Three hour study. Learning skin tones and form. Blending could use some work.
Two hours. Heads too big and I need to learn how to do feathers...

[Image: owl.jpg]

Ref. Photo

Anatomy time!!

2 hours.

[Image: Manback.jpg]

Ref Pic.
Oooh, good to see you guys still goin at it! Good stufff!
Still fighting, every day to keep a routine between us. My work still posted on my blog.

[Image: 21_lobbyster.jpg]

Photo Reference

Three hour study. A bit too flat, lazy textures. Drawing method improved.
Still at it. Both are WIPs.

[Image: chameleon-1.jpg]

Ref Photo

[Image: BoyGirlcopy.jpg]

Ref Photo