Algitru's Sketchbook

Learning 3ds max :)

I admire your consistency over in the Abandoned Hideout thread, I don't really have anything to say in critique just to keep going : )

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks :) Yeah im trying to work everyday and share something as well.
It would be cool if more people post their daily works :)

Thanks for overpaint and advices, it is helping me a lot!

Nice sketchbook Algitru - I like your paint studies and your environments are really imaginative. Also, that's great construction work on the beetle.

One thing maybe - be careful with the placement of the ear on the elf girl in post #51 - I feel it should be nearer the back of the head?

Anyway keep going dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks!
Yea, ear is wrong place. I generally have some problems with constructing and painting heads from imagination. Will take some time and study this topic more.
Or maybe i should just use references while painting?
Well your referenced paintings are really good already dude! So if you want to improve your imaginative head construction - study someone like Loomis - I studied his head constructions and they boosted me up several levels in head construction.

Keep up the awesomeness anyway mate!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Really nice sketchbook! Good work on the beetle construction, keep it up man!

Thanks! I checked  out your sketchbook and you have great stuff there. Really enjoy this vehicles and planes. You are studying from Scott Robertson book "How to draw", right? recently started learning from it too :)

sketchbook uptade with little portrait from imagination

Attached Files Image(s)

200x70cm ,analize construction of branch. 

Thanks man, yea Scotts Book is great! Nice work on the branch, but why SO LARGE? :D Any specific reasoning? never seen that before, but looks very cool

It is for drawing class (im studying Industrial design) . I was drawing this branch since october. it started as little sketches , and it was getting bigger as more details was applied. This big drawing is still unfinished.
update, quick sketch.

Quick Portrait from Imagination.

Back into hard studying after unacceptable long break! Feel like looser but there is no use in crying over spilled milk! Started today learning from schoolism videos - Designing with Color and Light with Nathan Fowkes, so will be doing 2 color studies everyday, under 1 hour each.

First two, studies of Wojtek Fus and Craig Mulins paintings.

Also started learning 3DS max.
Here is sofa made  only from photo refs. (sooo hard for me)

I hope i will be more consistent from now , and i'll make more progress.