Algitru's Sketchbook

I'm loving your work sir! Some beautiful studies, colors and designs!

On these 2 last posts, I think you should work the lighting falloff and the occlusion a little bit better, in the lady's armpit and tights for exemple.

Keep up the awesome work man! I'll keep an eye in here

Thanks for advices :)

<2h long movie still study

trying out new tools. Pose from Daz, lightning in Keyshot then photobashing + painting in photoshop.

Actually my first photobash ever.

Awweesoommee.. I can see that AJ really inspires you, and you're taking a lot of great stuff from him. Continue with that steady climb man. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Thanks ! Yeah , i love AJ works. Also Maciej Kuciara works inspire me a lot to try different tools and experimenting.
Sketch

Morning Still Life

(09-02-2015, 08:31 PM)Algitru Wrote: Morning Still Life

This may be out of line for a sketchbook, but, how realistically can you shade a cylinder?  IMO your stuff doesn't look solid because the shadow falloff is not quite right. 

Soft brushes are very good for this, especially when used with the darken/lighten only blending modes, or multiply/dodge/add/softlight.  You have to be careful to maintain planarity, but the soft brushes can be faster to work with than tediously building up a shadow gradient with a hard round brush.  You can use the hard brush, very carefully, to get the planarity back at the end.
Really great that you're doing still lives and pushing those life studies. Grin I really like that environment sketch too-- Curious to see what else you can make! Keep it up! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Love the mood in that environment :D

Update after break

Attached Files Image(s)

Great figures, but be careful when you're putting down lines. Put a lot of thought into each one-- Line economy isn't about putting down lines fast. It's about putting down the right lines, in the right place, at the right angle. You can do this. Try again, no moar chicken scratch. Grin

I'll also try the same-- This is a major problem for me, haha.

Sketchblag

Thanks for advice, i will work on that :)
IM BACK ! :D

Personal

and 40 min Study of Maciej Kuciara ilustration