Tristan's Sketchbook
Nowio - Good for you, man! I hope it works out :)

So here's a start to my Golden Boy month. Working on edges 

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Cool stuff man, Nice attention to Volume
Wanna see more!

iggytek - Thanks! I'll try to provide ;)

So here's a master copy and a painting for a personal project 

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Oooooh what lovely sketchbook. You have a great painterly feel to your pieces, and also love your use of color.
That last piece is really intriguing - love the red and grey contrast you have going on there. Did you try putting a small but intense splash of red as a reflection next to your figure? Could make some nice counterbalance and contrast.

Good luck with your goldenboy challenge :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Lyraina - Hey, thanks! I did try to do something creative with the reflection but the perspective is so low that I would have had to bend quite a few "rules" to make it work so I didn't keep it. What I did instead was to have a little red near the side of the reflection where there might be some waves due to wind. I don't know, I probably should have tried to do something but I sort of like the desolate look so I'm okay with that :)

Didn't have a lot of free time today and I spent most of it reading. 
Did a few quick portrait drawings too. 

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Nice edges and composition man ;)

Gliger - Hey, thanks, man! I've been trying to wrap my head around edged for a while so I figured I'd just focus on it for a while until I get somewhere :)

Had to stay out of my room for most of the day but I did get a lot of reading done during that time. 
Did this drawing when I got back. 

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Great updates, Tristan! Those studies really look well. Your personal piece has a great feeling to it, and I also like the colour combination (those red clouds seem unusual to me but that's what I really like about it, somehow). Good luck on your Golden Boy Challenge! I'm really curious to see your progress on your topic.

I like the slightly edgy style you have in your head drawings! I just feel that sometimes, the position of one eye is slightly off and they don't align. In the collection the head on the left, for example, I feel that the right eye is a bit too low compared to the other, and in your most recent sketch I feel like the eyes have a position like the head is tilted, but it's not. I'm by no means an expert though, and other than that it's really great stuff!

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
Really like your painting style. Things feel like they have volume, there's some super neat stuff going on with brushstrokes and texture and your colors also work really well together.

Your drawn faces also look alright, but I think you still have some problems with symboldrawing. With eyes and mouth especially it's difficult to think in terms of 3d forms, because we intuitively perceive and interpret them as symbols, but from my experience you really have to force yourself to construct them.
Gorgeous studies and personal work-- Keep at it, and remember to listen to the grand advice of our fellow artists. Grin

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Cool master study.
Your faces and figures rock as always.

Booooooo... I'm the ghost of Tristan!... I died at the atelier and my spirit now on occasion haunts the CD forums....

Legend has it that my body is stuck at the atelier, endlessly working on long pose figure drawings, cast drawings and Bargue copies until I (it) obtain(s) level: Art Wizard. Only then may my spirit return to its body...

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
hahahaha oh man! I hope you are doing good and learning a lot :D

Come to say hi when you have a break!